Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM

This new Iron Maiden album cover has got to be the worst Maiden album cover they ever did.This looks childish and cartoonish,it spanks of poor design not to mention that ain't "Eddie" no matter what the band says,it looks like shit. And the first single "El Dorado" is "weak" and the title of the song sounds anything but Iron Maiden.

This band has "lost it" but I'm sure they will sell out shows even though thier set list is half new material because of all the fanboys out there...here is the new set list:

01. The Wicker Man
02. The Ghost Of The Navigator
03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
04. El Dorado
05. Paschendale
06. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07. These Colours Don't Run
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

14. The Number Of the Beast
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

If somebody bought my ticket,paid me $100.00 dollars to travel 5 minutes to see this concert I absolutely would not!!

DOWN THE IRONS!!!

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 06-19-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
hopefully they wont play the whole poxy thing live,like the last album
I think you'll find they probably will? lol
Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post

This new Iron Maiden album cover has got to be the worst Maiden album cover they ever did.This looks childish and cartoonish,it spanks of poor design not to mention that ain't "Eddie" no matter what the band says,it looks like shit. And the first single "El Dorado" is "weak" and the title of the song sounds anything but Iron Maiden.

This band has "lost it" but I'm sure they will sell out shows even though thier set list is half new material because of all the fanboys out there...here is the new set list:

01. The Wicker Man
04. El Dorado
05. Paschendale
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

If somebody bought my ticket,paid me $100.00 dollars to travel 5 minutes to see this concert I absolutely would not!!

DOWN THE IRONS!!!
oh man is this really the cover? thats pants man!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:11 AM

The last time i went to see Maiden, they did the whole of MOLAD and i was completely bored, yes Maiden have a great stage show, and in the past some fantastic songs, i have heard there new song and wasn't impressed at all, next year they are going to be a full tour and saying goodbye, if i had to put money on it i would say Maiden to headline Donington.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:17 PM

i always say down the irons! what a shit of a band! dio once said that def leppard are diarrhea rock band-same goes for maiden!
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
i always say down the irons! what a shit of a band! dio once said that def leppard are diarrhea rock band-same goes for maiden!
Did Steve Harris kick your dog once or what? I just don't understand the level of hatred for a band, ANY band. I really don't like country music but I would never say the things about a country music artist that you say about Maiden.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:

01. The Wicker Man
04. El Dorado
05. Paschendale
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free

DOWN THE IRONS!!!

Personally, after playing all of the classics on the last tour, I think this is a GREAT setlist focusing on the last three albums. Would I change a song here or there, yes of course, but for an artist that has been around for 30 years and has 15 albums to pull from, one will NEVER be totally happy with the setlist.

I like the new song El Dorado, look forward to the new album, and to the concert in Chicago in July.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
(quoting innuendo

Did Steve Harris kick your dog once or what? I just don't understand the level of hatred for a band, ANY band. I really don't like country music but I would never say the things about a country music artist that you say about Maiden.
Well innuendo doesn't really like "any" Iron Maiden album as he hates them altogether,but I don't. I am a fan of the band's first 5 albums from 1980 Iron Maiden to 1984 Powerslave as I first started listening to them in 1982.

They used to be one of my favorite bands untill they released the terrible Somewhere In Time album in 1986,and ever since they have totally came up short every album,its ridiculous how they are anything but consistant in quality song writting.

And I would definately say things to a country music artist that innuendo has said about Maiden lol!!!

Its all good,I do realize that there are "fans" of "post-Powerslave" Iron Maiden but there are definately way more fans of the band's first 5 studio albums,and this is a result of the band putting out mundane records for the last 26 years. I just hope they quit after this ridiculous "Final Frontier" album and tour just so I don't have to look at them by mistake.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 06-20-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
If you hate Maiden so much, why do you bother looking at the threads that relate to them? Go and listen to Hot Space or some other shit like that.

By the way, you put capital letters after a full stop and for proper nouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Innueno hates Iron Maiden so much, he posts on every single thread that mention them about how much he hates them. I don't quite know why he wants to read threads about a band he hates. I think he just loves telling everyone about how much he hates them.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:

01. The Wicker Man
04. El Dorado
05. Paschendale
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More Lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Running Free
if they took out wildest dreams and blood brothers, and put, say The Trooper and Phanton of the oprea instead i wouldn't mind seeing that. If they do a 'real' UK tour (i.e. more than one date ) next year I'm really going to try to catch them.