View Poll Results: Iron Maiden v Judas Priest
Iron Maiden 21 55.26%
Judas Priest 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Witchfinder View Post
I go for Priest, because their music is more solid and rock hard (no pun intended). Its also because Priest should be up there with Maiden. I know Priest are still pretty massive, but no one can deny that Maiden has had the edge in status and popularity.
Its sad, but true, that talking to many metalheads my generation, some havent even heard of Judas Priest!!!
They are the metal gods.
After watching Flight 666 last night (excellent movie/documentary by the way, I highly recommend it), I think it's safe to say that Maiden has the edge in popularity worldwide over ANY rock/metal band. Those Central and South American fans are INSANE about Maiden.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXONATOR View Post
i prefer halford at his solo-time

heart of a lion, cyberworld, little crazy, made in hell, prisoner of your eyes (not sure if its halford or priest label), nailed to the gun, resurrection, sad wings of destiny, slow down, the one you love to hate,...

these songs are even a bit better than the old priest songs although desert plains (not only performed by priest only) breaking the law, blood red skies, fever, eat me alive, metalgods, ram it down, turbo lover, wild nights,... are more than brilliant

maiden has done some very beautiful songs also - fear of the dark is my favourite...

but judas did many more songs which i like - so my vote goes to the damn priest - kings of fucking metal as biff once said

cheers !
Heart of a lion and prisoner of your eyes are Judas Priest songs that never made the albums they were written for (turbo lover and screaming for vengeance).

Halford's solo stuff is very good, check out silent screams
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
After watching Flight 666 last night (excellent movie/documentary by the way, I highly recommend it), I think it's safe to say that Maiden has the edge in popularity worldwide over ANY rock/metal band. Those Central and South American fans are INSANE about Maiden.
I cant wait to check this out. I assume it's a full live concert mixed with documentary?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley23 View Post
I cant wait to check this out. I assume it's a full live concert mixed with documentary?
Well, they don't show a full live concert, it's concert footage mixed in with the documentary footage. So they show like the first verse and first chorus of Aces High from the first gig on leg 1 of the tour, then cut to documentary footage. That type of patern continues througout the movie.

But if you've read up about it, you'll be able to buy the DVD that is both the movie on one disc and a concert on another disc, in addition to a double live CD. Check out ironmaiden.com and read up on the release, comes out in a month or so.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtt View Post
BTW-I didn't like Nostradamus very much. It has some really killer tracks, but overall it's more like Fillerdamus.
I agree. A few great tracks, but for the most part boring and self indulgent. In some parts it sounds like Andrew Llyod Webber.

Priest should stick to what they do best. Metal. British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller, Stained Class etc
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Witchfinder View Post
I go for Priest, because their music is more solid and rock hard (no pun intended). Its also because Priest should be up there with Maiden. I know Priest are still pretty massive, but no one can deny that Maiden has had the edge in status and popularity.
Its sad, but true, that talking to many metalheads my generation, some havent even heard of Judas Priest!!!
They are the metal gods.
There are tons of kids around Seattle Washington where I live who worship Iron Maiden and never even heard of Judas Priest.

Iron Maiden's popularity is way more than Judas Priest,and Saxon by far!!

I thought that Iron maiden's 2000 album Brave New World was only half good,the other half was'nt so great. And 2003's "Dance Of Death" I did'nt like one song off of it at all.

2006 A Matter Of Life And Death I liked 8 songs out of 10...I hate "Different World" and "Benjamin Bragg".

Somewhere In Time I don't like,No Prayer For The Dying I hate,Fear Of The Dark,X Factor,Virtual ...all those albums are lame.

Maiden is overrated in my opinion. With 2001's Demolition and now with the Nostradamus album...I think Priest is a little overrated too.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
I agree. A few great tracks, but for the most part boring and self indulgent. In some parts it sounds like Andrew Llyod Webber.

Priest should stick to what they do best. Metal. British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller, Stained Class etc
I agree,but as Cat Of Peace has just posted...it would'nt suprise me if they followed the new trend,or simply put something out that the long time fans do not like. If they want to do something so different that the long time fans would not like,they should do a seperate project and hang up Priest on the wall.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
There are tons of kids around Seattle Washington where I live who worship Iron Maiden and never even heard of Judas Priest.

Iron Maiden's popularity is way more than Judas Priest,and Saxon by far!!

I thought that Iron maiden's 2000 album Brave New World was only half good,the other half was'nt so great. And 2003's "Dance Of Death" I did'nt like one song off of it at all.

2006 A Matter Of Life And Death I liked 8 songs out of 10...I hate "Different World" and "Benjamin Bragg".

Somewhere In Time I don't like,No Prayer For The Dying I hate,Fear Of The Dark,X Factor,Virtual ...all those albums are lame.

Maiden is overrated in my opinion. With 2001's Demolition and now with the Nostradamus album...I think Priest is a little overrated too.
maiden is the most overrated band ever! i don't get what the fuss is all about. they suck! can't stand them and their so called music. what a shitty band! down the irons!
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
maiden is the most overrated band ever! i don't get what the fuss is all about. they suck! can't stand them and their so called music. what a shitty band! down the irons!
LOL!! Well innuendo I agree with the fact that Iron Maiden is "overrated" by far,but I still do like the band and they do have some good albums.

Iron Maiden 1980 debut album, 1981 "Killers" the band's best work ever
...1982's "The Number Of The Beast" 1983 "Piece Of Mind"....

1984 "Powerslave"...some of 1988's Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
and the latest album "A Matter Of Life And Death" is good but not as good as the previous mentioned albums only in my personal opinion...

...others have a different opinion of course and I respect all of them.

But over all yes,Iron maiden is overrated. I remember in 1990 and in 1992 when they released the terrible albums in "No Prayer For The Dying" and "Fear Of The Dark" and it did'nt phase "fanboys" at the least! If anything,Maiden got even more popular...??

I never did understand this......you tell those same fans about how killer "SAXON" is and they just mention the mid 80's Saxon albums like Innocense is no Excuse..ect... they have no clue at how great Saxon turned out at all!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
LOL!! Well innuendo I agree with the fact that Iron Maiden is "overrated" by far,but I still do like the band and they do have some good albums.

Iron Maiden 1980 debut album, 1981 "Killers" the band's best work ever
...1982's "The Number Of The Beast" 1983 "Piece Of Mind"....

1984 "Powerslave"...some of 1988's Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
and the latest album "A Matter Of Life And Death" is good but not as good as the previous mentioned albums only in my personal opinion...

...others have a different opinion of course and I respect all of them.

But over all yes,Iron maiden is overrated. I remember in 1990 and in 1992 when they released the terrible albums in "No Prayer For The Dying" and "Fear Of The Dark" and it did'nt phase "fanboys" at the least! If anything,Maiden got even more popular...??

I never did understand this......you tell those same fans about how killer "SAXON" is and they just mention the mid 80's Saxon albums like Innocense is no Excuse..ect... they have no clue at how great Saxon turned out at all!!!
I think that Irons have a lot of success because they have some spot among people aren't in metal too. That's something Judas Priest never reached. Anyway I think Priests and Maidens are two of the best metal bands of ever despite their ups and downs: they created patterns that were and still are cloned by a lot of bands and they had and sometimes have a level of technical and tasteful awarenss that can't be compared to other cheesy metal bands. Anyway I can understand that if someone prefers simple and rough stuff can't stand Maidens (there's no provocative intent by saying that).