Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
airbourne are one of the best bands around. we have dragonforce supporting maiden over here. anyone seen dragonforce b4 ?
Yes mate, I've seen them twice. First time I saw them they were brilliant, Second time they were not!! but that was just before their singer left so perhaps there were problems. I don't know what the new guy sounds like with them but they are great at what they do. If you like ultrafast power metal you will like it but their songs do tend to get a bit samey and blur into one another. If they injected some tempo changes every now and again I think they would be much better. If they are still doing it watch out for them playing each others instruments. It's incredible to watch. Oh and also the mini trampolines that they jump off.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM

I knew Herman when he was in his previous band Demoniac check out their album The Fire and the Wind if you can.I love it it.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
I knew Herman when he was in his previous band Demoniac check out their album The Fire and the Wind if you can.I love it it.
Thanks, I will indeed check that out

As for next gig. Well, strictly speaking, it's our band playing next Wednesday, but I have just found out that I am going to Bloodstock. It's going to be our Bass players Stag Weekend . To make sure his last weekend as a free man goes well we are pooling our resources to go V.I.P, so no sore heads then!!! I guarantee any lurid photos WILL be posted on this forum
Old 07-28-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
airbourne are one of the best bands around. we have dragonforce supporting maiden over here. anyone seen dragonforce b4 ?
Have they had a break yet? They never seem to stop playing, there always at festivals and they still seem to be on the same tour I saw them on about 2 years ago! I'm glad we got Airbourne I'm not really a Dragonforce fan.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 AM

Just got back from Maiden, thought it was awesome just gutted they didn't play Run To The Hills.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 PM

I had a listen to Rock 'N' Roll Stormtroopers on their Myspace and thought these guys weren't half bad even though to me they reminded me of both Status Quo and Def Leppard (Classic Rock really ripped on their new album but their songs on their MySpace page was off their previous album)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Dream Theater / Fates Warning tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Well for the lack of any good Metal gigs in Ohio worth going to, I'm going ( happily) Sept 2 to see Styx outdoors in Columbus. I heard Yes is the opening act but I would prefer Kansas or any other band. I'll take what I can get. I'm happy cause Styx is Always a great show.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 AM

seen maiden on wed night and they was awesome. great gig. as for dragonforce, not my cuppa but what they do they do well. id much prefared airbourne.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWalker View Post
Well for the lack of any good Metal gigs in Ohio worth going to, I'm going ( happily) Sept 2 to see Styx outdoors in Columbus. I heard Yes is the opening act but I would prefer Kansas or any other band. I'll take what I can get. I'm happy cause Styx is Always a great show.
Styx, Great Live Band . That is weird having Yes opening though. I wouldn't have thought that was a perfect match!!