Saxon

Saturday:
Tarot
Queensryche
Accept
Judas Priest
Lucky Bastard Have a great time
Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM

Yesterday I picked up my ticket to see Deep Purple. I've never seen them live, really looking forward to it, they're playing with a 20 piece orchestra ensemble on this North American tour.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Yesterday I picked up my ticket to see Deep Purple. I've never seen them live, really looking forward to it, they're playing with a 20 piece orchestra ensemble on this North American tour.
You should really enjoy it, I've seen them 4 times and in 1999 saw them at the Royal Albert Hall with The London Symphony Orchestra and it was fantastic. Hoping to see them again in November.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 PM

SOS fest in Manchester 16th and 17th July GUN Fury Uk Attica Rage Vega and many more great bands over 2 days, indoor fest so the weather cant spoil it either!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Alice copper at alixandra palice. North london.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
You should really enjoy it, I've seen them 4 times and in 1999 saw them at the Royal Albert Hall with The London Symphony Orchestra and it was fantastic. Hoping to see them again in November.
It was a great show, the orchestral background really was just that, in the background. I was a little worried that there would be too much orchestral sound in the songs, but the reality was that there were at least 6-7 songs where the orchestra didn't play a single note! It was about a 25 piece orchestral accompnament, and supported and enhanced songs like Knocking At Your Back Door and Perfect Strangers.

Gillan sounded a lot better than I had expected. His vocal range was really good, he was able get up there and hit some of the higher notes that I assumed he could no longer hit.

I picked up my concert shirt for $25, and can now gladly say that I've seen Deep Purple live and thought it was awesome!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Hmm, let's see now. I could hit Rob Zombie July 20, and Queensryche August 2. Then nothing happening until October with Saxon, as far as I know at the moment.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
It was a great show, the orchestral background really was just that, in the background. I was a little worried that there would be too much orchestral sound in the songs, but the reality was that there were at least 6-7 songs where the orchestra didn't play a single note! It was about a 25 piece orchestral accompnament, and supported and enhanced songs like Knocking At Your Back Door and Perfect Strangers.

Gillan sounded a lot better than I had expected. His vocal range was really good, he was able get up there and hit some of the higher notes that I assumed he could no longer hit.

I picked up my concert shirt for $25, and can now gladly say that I've seen Deep Purple live and thought it was awesome!
Glad you enjoyed it mate. Gillan is sounding good these days. He went through a bit of a wobbly period but really seems to have sorted it out and I love Steve Morse on guitar. I look forward to seeing them later in the year
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Hmm, let's see now. I could hit Rob Zombie July 20, and Queensryche August 2. Then nothing happening until October with Saxon, as far as I know at the moment.
Hey Janet, you might have seen my other recent postings on here about Queensryche. In my opinion they have gone right down the drain live. Of course I wouldn't dream of telling you not to go but I would be very wary, unless of course you are a big fan. I've now heard the new album as well and it sucks big time. Such a shame.

Oh and my next gig is Brian May & Kerry Ellis at RAF College Cranwell July 16th. I had to go as it's literally 2 minutes from my house. They are going to be playing some Queen songs as well.!!!

Last edited by 747rick; 06-21-2011 at 12:38 AM.