Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 PM

Smile Wacken livestream

All I can say with a huge smile is utterly brilliant!
Well done lads and the surprise was superb as well.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 AM

I appreciate it, that Saxon did this jubileum concert in an orchestral version for a big part. This was the first time they did this in this setting (?) I could see and feel, that they were very concentrated, may be abit too sometimes, it was exiting for them too, understandable.. Most orchestral songs they did perform i found splendid.. a couple i did like less good.. (That is my Destiny keyboard-album fear..sometimes its too much.) Wheels of Steel was a rushing job today,..it sounded like, that one guitar didnt work for a minute, Paul’s guitar was very low suddenly, but that can happen..and of course the violins produce alot high sound, so the guitar sounds sound lower..(Thats why I like it rough without orchest the most)
They could have done the same as they always did, easy job, but Saxon gave it some extra, they havent sit on their lazy arses last months..it takes alot time to make it sound acceptable..The comcert had a head and tail like always.. A big difference from cock-sucking Steel Panther, i’m so glad Saxon has content in its songs, that they not dress like women, what a relieve..not that Steel Panther is a shite band, some parts sound good, good guitarist, but…its so cheap in a way.., not that i didnt like some titts of those lady’s, it were the strongest points of the show,,..

Of course I prefer the rough Saxon version from the studio albums the most, like they did play it in my hometown Leeuwarden in March. But I understand they wanted to do someting special and the crowd liked it, even if it was unexpected.. Very nice for the people who could not be there for work reasons or other reasons, that it was live stream. Thx very much ! Never a dull moment with Saxon. Thx Saxon !
(So glad they behave like real men, and grown up and professional )
Old 08-01-2014, 12:25 AM

Hey Heavycelli,
Suppose they were time constrained but to still do that with such a small slot, very small compared to Saxon's normal gig's anyway.

Well done to them and I know some people wouldn't like the orchestral bits so much, I think it was a brilliant surprise and as you say, they gave thought to the whole thing not just playing song after song.

That's why we love Saxon isn't it

I wish I could have been there but as you say with work commitments etc the livestream was the best thing ever. Watching Accept now
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 AM

Hey Redline,

Yes that's true only 5 quarters of an hour... its a preformance thats totally different from Hammerfall or Accept or the women from Steel Panthers.. it sticks easilly into the memory, because it was half orchestral and half without orchestral support..
Accept is a good band I like them. good riffs (That stick in the memory). Udo even more with his team.. Udo communicates more with his audience..Udo is for me more convincing in his singing, maybe because he wrote the lyrics, so he is attached to it, he understands what he sings.. The man who now sings is just repeating lyrics, I do miss a certain feeling that Udo has.. but ok others may say: rubbish and see it totally different and thats good, there is no taste the same..
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 AM

Sorry guys, I was at work at the show time... Do you know if is still possible to find the streaming anywhere?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckpiranha View Post
Sorry guys, I was at work at the show time... Do you know if is still possible to find the streaming anywhere?
Some one has put it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b79EcvQO4BQ
Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Hello all, i falled from my chair yesterday eve after 30minutes
looking the stream
No, it was a very good thing if you see this as some special/extra-
show for this only, but i hope they have not the idea to do any
same in nov14 when they do their german gigs

Have said if before i am not the orchestral-type, Strung up was okay,
Wacken with this was okay, but that's enough -
Rock is their life !!!

See ya on the road, hmthunder

PS: i like the new Accept more than the Udo-version
Old 08-01-2014, 03:08 PM

Nigel had the tekst "Gill-this ones for you" on his shirt..(?)
Old 08-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Thanks a lot
Old 08-01-2014, 05:34 PM

I watched this on my phone in the pub last night. Almost spat my cider out when I saw what looked to a certain Gordon Mckenzie being hoisted in to the air by the crowd...

... might be wrong on that.

Interesting concept and fairly well executed by the band. Not sure I want to see it in December though.