Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > The Market Place
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpas View Post
O yes, it has been released on cd....I've got one. Different cover though. No Eagle...I think. I have to look it up, because I'm more of an album person, not compilations.
So how much would this be worth anyway?
Keep in mind that this is what the person is asking, not what it has sold for (yet), but wow, at this price I'll NEVER get this CD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAXON-STRONG-ARM...item45fa0db988
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Jeez that's a lot of money. That cover artwork is what my other vinyl version is like though.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 AM

But what is the appeal for this cd? Only because it is rare?
All the tracks are available elsewhere, and probably better sounding too.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
But what is the appeal for this cd? Only because it is rare?
All the tracks are available elsewhere, and probably better sounding too.
The appeal for me doesn't stem from the rarity of the item, although obviously that is a nice bonus, it is simply that I try and collect everything that has been released. As I have mentioned before I have over 120 releases by the band on CD, Cassette, Vinyl VHS and DVD. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to collect lots but I just enjoy doing it when funds allow.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never surrender View Post
lionheart special edition is still rare ,sure you can still get it some places , same for most things of any band.
I just got this for 15 quid off play, well happy!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
The appeal for me doesn't stem from the rarity of the item, although obviously that is a nice bonus, it is simply that I try and collect everything that has been released. As I have mentioned before I have over 120 releases by the band on CD, Cassette, Vinyl VHS and DVD. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to collect lots but I just enjoy doing it when funds allow.
Ok, fair enough. I can understand that. I'm a bit of a collector type myself, but more in general. When I like something, like a band, I tend to buy all the albums. But not to the point of everything that has been released. But I know what you mean. So...if I was to find this Strong Arm Metal cd, you'd be interested in buying this?
Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
As far as I know it hasn't. I've never found it at any rate (got on vinyl & cassette), although it is on my list of wants if it ever appears.
Yes it has been released. I have it and i was listening to it few hour earlier. I will upload a pic when i'll return back to windows.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, fair enough. I can understand that. I'm a bit of a collector type myself, but more in general. When I like something, like a band, I tend to buy all the albums. But not to the point of everything that has been released. But I know what you mean. So...if I was to find this Strong Arm Metal cd, you'd be interested in buying this?

Saxon are the only band where I try and collect lots of stuff so yes I would be interested, but at a sensible price
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Saxon are the only band where I try and collect lots of stuff so yes I would be interested, but at a sensible price
I'm with Rick, if you can find this on CD at a reasonable price, I too would be interested.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:39 AM

Default Strong Arm Metal

Well I have been reading this post, and I would love to weigh in on it. Strong Arm Metal is a 30 to 40 dollar cd in pristine condition. I have around 300 Saxon cds and could tell you just about what I have in each one. They range from 1.00 to 250.00 dollars
I would say by far Rock the Nations 1987 Emi Japan release is by far the hardest to get. It was in short supply in Japan and is a real gem. I would love to answer any questions you may have for me on cds. I only have a couple Lps that are rare a heck.
Forever Free on Warhammer is killer in a 12" and also The best on Carrere records only released in Mexico.
take care and hit me up anytime with any questions. Bryan