Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM

Yes, they are a good Hard Rock Band and underated.
I discoverd them only a few years ago on a Collection of Hard Rock álbum and meanwhile I`ve got "On A Storytellers Night" and Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow".
Have much fun at The gig!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandex'd Beefheart View Post
Going to see Magnum on the 18th Nov at Bristol Academy. Like Saxon, another greatly underated band. saw them first at reading Festival ,before they went a bit hair-metal ( American glam. ) They were fantastic that day. Have seen them since but now , again like Saxon , they are back on track.
Anyone else planning to see them on their new tour ?
Hoping to see them 25th at Rock City. I've always loved Magnum (even the American Glam period lol). Used to go and see them at The Marquee regularly, sometimes twice a month back in the early 80's. Bob Catley & Tony Clarkin are two of the nicest guys you could possibly meet.

New album is fantastic
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 AM

Manilla Road last night. They played for 3 hours. Performed "Open the Gates" in its entirety. Plus many songs from Crystal Logic, The Deluge, Mystification. Plus more. Cannot describe how awesome it was. \m/ \m/
Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Going to see Magnum on the 18th Nov at Bristol Academy. Like Saxon, another greatly underated band. saw them first at reading Festival ,before they went a bit hair-metal ( American glam. ) They were fantastic that day. Have seen them since but now , again like Saxon , they are back on track.
Anyone else planning to see them on their new tour ?
There is a chance that I may get a free ticket to the Magnum gig in Bristol, its the other side of the country for me but my friends brother is good mates with Tony Clarkin (Tony was best man at mates brothers wedding), so I am a hanger on, if I get the chance.

I used to see Magnum many times in the 80's, I was never their biggest fan (although I did like them), however the latest albums are just so good they are like a new band.

Great stuff
Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Default All of my Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Hoping to see them 25th at Rock City. I've always loved Magnum (even the American Glam period lol). Used to go and see them at The Marquee regularly, sometimes twice a month back in the early 80's. Bob Catley & Tony Clarkin are two of the nicest guys you could possibly meet.

New album is fantastic
I bought Eleveth Hour when it was released , 1982 i think, loved it immediately. then i heard my mates live double single, " all of my life, Kingdom of madness, Great adventure & Invasion,,, thought that was amazing . So I bought all their previous albums, but later when " On a Story tellers night " came out I remember being very disappointed and felt their was only a few good songs on that album. Strange to hear now that a lot of people favour that album.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Well folks have not been here for a while (i know shame on me) but Alice Cooper hits our shores next week so if anyone is going to either Cardiff or Wolverhampton it would be great to meet up.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 PM

Cool Next gig?

Does, seeing Hal Holbrook as Mark Twain in November, count?
Not much music here, I want to see in the next few months.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Accept, tomorrow!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaTRD View Post
Accept, tomorrow!
Great stuff - I know there are serious issues in Greece at the moment, national strikes the euro etc. but it seems Accept want to party and not let their fans down. Enjoy my friend \m/

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I bought Eleveth Hour when it was released , 1982 i think, loved it immediately. then i heard my mates live double single, " all of my life, Kingdom of madness, Great adventure & Invasion,,, thought that was amazing . So I bought all their previous albums, but later when " On a Story tellers night " came out I remember being very disappointed and felt their was only a few good songs on that album. Strange to hear now that a lot of people favour that album.
Oh I love the first few albums, I just treated the next phase differently, much like Rush changed their sound in the 80's. I still loved it, it was just different