Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM

I'm spinning nothing, my CD player broke...AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 PM

The Scorpions - Humanity - Hour 1
Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 PM

VENOM WELCOME TO HELL 1981

The album that started it all,with the In League With Satan single from 1980.
Before this record,there was no black metal,speed metal,death metal...everything "extreme" owe's itself to Venom's Welcome To Hell.

Before this there was only punk rock being the most extreme at that time.

Venom came in and blew punk rock into submission with rearing its ugly black metal head to the rest of the world.

There is no music more extreme in this world than traditional black metal,and Venom created this. Hail Cronos!!!!!! LOL!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post

VENOM WELCOME TO HELL 1981

The album that started it all,with the In League With Satan single from 1980.
Before this record,there was no black metal,speed metal,death metal...everything "extreme" owe's itself to Venom's Welcome To Hell.

Before this there was only punk rock being the most extreme at that time.

Venom came in and blew punk rock into submission with rearing its ugly black metal head to the rest of the world.

There is no music more extreme in this world than traditional black metal,and Venom created this. Hail Cronos!!!!!! LOL!
YES, YES, YES.....My favorite and first Venom purchase, "Witching Hour", "1000 Days In Sodom", priceless. I also had this cover on the back of my denim coat for most of my high school years. Even if they were what people are calling "fake black metal" they got me interested in other forms of metal, more agressive and dark. I liked Black Metal alot also, I use to listen to "Buried Alive", "Sacrifice", "Die Hard" and "Countess Bathory" over & over. I'm going to bust these 2 cd's out tomorrow since I just picked up a new boom box for work.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley23 View Post
YES, YES, YES.....My favorite and first Venom purchase, "Witching Hour", "1000 Days In Sodom", priceless. I also had this cover on the back of my denim coat for most of my high school years. Even if they were what people are calling "fake black metal" they got me interested in other forms of metal, more agressive and dark. I liked Black Metal alot also, I use to listen to "Buried Alive", "Sacrifice", "Die Hard" and "Countess Bathory" over & over. I'm going to bust these 2 cd's out tomorrow since I just picked up a new boom box for work.

Right on riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like my high school days as well my friend!!
Those were fun times!!! lol!

And if anybody ever called Venom "fake black metal" ....then they have no idea what "black metal" really is! lol! That would be funny to hear....lol!

Yeah man,Welcome To Hell.....Black Metal....At War With Satan and Possessed albums were Venom's best....and then we had the EPs like Warhead,Manitu,The 7 Gates Of Hell...ect..I know I'm forgetting one..!! lol!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Right on riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like my high school days as well my friend!!
Those were fun times!!! lol!

And if anybody ever called Venom "fake black metal" ....then they have no idea what "black metal" really is! lol! That would be funny to hear....lol!

Yeah man,Welcome To Hell.....Black Metal....At War With Satan and Possessed albums were Venom's best....and then we had the EPs like Warhead,Manitu,The 7 Gates Of Hell...ect..I know I'm forgetting one..!! lol!
Yea memories...I think I remember the Warhead EP being a picture disc?, maybe not. The most recent Venom CD I have is Metal Black which isn't bad but a noisy recording. The only Venom CD I didn't care for was Possessed.

*I am actually listening to Black Metal right now...S.A.C.R.I.F.I.C.E-Sacrifice......
Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 PM

A fellow rock fan mate came round tonight; We had beer and .......

Into The Labrynth - Saxon
Powerage - AC/DC
Empire - Queensryche
Hemispheres - Rush
Skew Siskin - Self Titled
Dance With Death - Iron Maiden

Good stuff
Old 06-03-2009, 06:12 PM

Now playing: Motorhead, Live in hamburg: BORN TO RAISE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Born to raise hell, we know what we're doing and we do it real well!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley23 View Post
Yea memories...I think I remember the Warhead EP being a picture disc?, maybe not. The most recent Venom CD I have is Metal Black which isn't bad but a noisy recording. The only Venom CD I didn't care for was Possessed.

*I am actually listening to Black Metal right now...S.A.C.R.I.F.I.C.E-Sacrifice......
Thats cool,......I always liked the Possessed album,it was not as good as Welcome To Hell,Black Metal or At War With Satan....but it still had many tracks on it that I always liked...."Powerdrive"......."Satanachist"
....the track "Possessed"....."Burn This Place To The Ground"...."Moonshine"...
...."Voyuer".......but your right....the first 3 albums are much better.

Venom holds a position as Godfathers of "Black Metal"....much like Black Sabbath and Judas Priest holds the tittle as Godfathers of Heavy Metal.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 PM

BLACK SABBATH 1970

This is the first band and first album that started heavy metal,even though the term "heavy metal" was nowhere to be found at this time....this is still the album that started it,and eventually this led to the creation of "Judas Priest".

Nothing before this album can claim the spark of what would be heavy metal.