Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2018, 10:04 AM

Default New Album in 2019 :)

Biff says a new album is planned for 2019
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sax...s-biff-byford/
Old 10-14-2018, 02:29 PM

Yesss, Saxon are tthe best, regularly the bring a new album.
A Solo album from Biff will come as well, Ive just read there.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
A Solo album from Biff will come as well, Ive just read there.
Seriously, after all these years a solo effort now?!
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM

Yes,he told so.
I think it's something to looking forward to.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 AM

If there is a new album this year, I hope it's a little different to the last couple. I've found myself not playing them regulalrly, as there wasn't much particularly distinctive about them. This is only my opinion, and probably not many will agree, but I'd welcome a few more mid paced catchy rockers with great choruses like 'I've Got to Rock to Stay Alive' over the fast bludgeoning songs. What are others opinions?
Old 08-01-2019, 03:06 PM

Only new album this year is the Eagle has landed 4 live compilation
( Being released on AUG 2nd ) .
There was talk of a new studio album in the pipeline but there's been no news of that happening since the end of last year.
Personally prefer quality over quantity but there hasn't been an album produced by Saxon that I don't like so it's been a win win so far..
Old 08-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Somewhere I heard or read in an interview with Biff,he will finish his solo album this year and a new Saxon studio album will come out in 2020.
If I find it, I will post.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:55 AM

I recently read that Biff has his solo album already finished, but it will be released next year. And recently Saxon has started writing for the next album. Has anyone here the new live album, already?
Officially it should have been released yesterday. I ordered it in one of the few recordshops still in my town.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
If there is a new album this year, I hope it's a little different to the last couple. I've found myself not playing them regulalrly, as there wasn't much particularly distinctive about them. This is only my opinion, and probably not many will agree, but I'd welcome a few more mid paced catchy rockers with great choruses like 'I've Got to Rock to Stay Alive' over the fast bludgeoning songs. What are others opinions?

For me the guitarsolo's were distinctive. On some songs I only programmed on the guitar solo parts, they did stick in my head.. Wizzards tale..such a splendid solo, but the other content didnt come out of my memory.. I think I know what you mean.. I like the solo's been played like on studio versions.. for example Thunderbolt , great tune and solo..but on the 40 live album its not 40% of that good feeling,..its played in another way..on other songs it sounds more as a whole..which I prefer. I like songs as Just let me rock.. why does the guitar solo in Destroyer sound so much better on live cd than Thunderbolt..? both up-tempo...whats the reason ? too nonchalant played? I prefer songs like nowhere fast above Redstar Falling..which I very disliked on live 40..redstar is slow.. so its not a matter of uptempo or slow,..its something else.. I cannot figger it out..i'm only a Saxon Consument..and its like with food, sometimes you have those patattoo sacks in the supermarket, very good stuff, but i dont like the Champignonstype mixed in it and I pick them out before cooking and throw it away..i keep the thinhgs I like ( with a cd/song i cant do that so easilly) but it would be nice if the chamignons were also good and the food 100% good..or that the producent after years puts other things in it as you expect.., you want the same taste.. so its disapionting.. for me is that the reason why live 40 album is disapointing...there are good parts but also worse parts..and that was never the case for me on volume 1,2,3.. maybe some songs on those suffer the same but this volume 4 has it too much..I look forward to the new album, and I surely hope no songs like predator , or nosferatu ..and a few more..that is not saxon for me.. so I pick my own Saxon songs..yes i'm a 80-s victim..and I love it..