Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM

Default hopes for 2012

that saxon get bigger and they have more aclaim that their talent deserves, that no one should ever go hungary, that people who have been made unemployed, get back to work soon, that we have more respect kindness understanding and manners for each other, it dont cost a thing, maybe i just a dreamer, but it wonderful if these things came true.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon 1967 View Post
that saxon get bigger and they have more aclaim that their talent deserves, that no one should ever go hungary, that people who have been made unemployed, get back to work soon, that we have more respect kindness understanding and manners for each other, it dont cost a thing, maybe i just a dreamer, but it wonderful if these things came true.
Very true Simon
And Lets hope that dream comes true mate
Old 12-26-2011, 02:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Yaroslav Send a message via MSN to Yaroslav Send a message via Skype™ to Yaroslav

Agree with Simon . And I' believe that all dreams will come true \m/
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 PM

Saxon to play new zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 AM

Simon mate, i agree, what would be good for Saxon, is to not just headline Wacken (which they are) BUT maybe do a support tour with someone, like the Priest, Motorhead package, and also get on the Donington bill, try and reach out to those fans that maybe years ago, knew Saxon, not just for Wheels of Steel, blimey looking at the shirts that were been sold at the Koko last Tuesday, i am sure whatever other rock/metal concert you attend, there will be someone wearing a Saxon shirt, Saxon are a good point (at long last) now let's hope things kick up a gear after everyone connected with the band take a well earned break.......HERE'S TO 2012.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart747 View Post
Simon mate, i agree, what would be good for Saxon, is to not just headline Wacken (which they are) BUT maybe do a support tour with someone, like the Priest, Motorhead package, and also get on the Donington bill, try and reach out to those fans that maybe years ago, knew Saxon, not just for Wheels of Steel, blimey looking at the shirts that were been sold at the Koko last Tuesday, i am sure whatever other rock/metal concert you attend, there will be someone wearing a Saxon shirt, Saxon are a good point (at long last) now let's hope things kick up a gear after everyone connected with the band take a well earned break.......HERE'S TO 2012.
do you think saxon go further on tour or supporting festivals round europe after the Call to arms world tour? i think they have to get a rest and dont do a huge tour or whatever after this heavy world tour.

The Drummer has Landed
Old 12-28-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
do you think saxon go further on tour or supporting festivals round europe after the Call to arms world tour? i think they have to get a rest and dont do a huge tour or whatever after this heavy world tour.
I think they should have a rest and do the festival circuit. We have the prospect of a new DVD and Unplugged/ Orchestral album next year so festivals and interviews plus that product should keep things ticking over nicely. That should also give them time and space to write material for a new album which would hopefully be released in 2013.

This year has been a tough one and lets be honest the guys are not getting any younger (although I'm sure they could still run me into the ground lol). A balance has to be drawn between exposure and burnout. As has already been said on the forum, they deserve a holiday/rest and there cannot be many bands around of Saxon's fine vintage that would tour so heavily in support of a new album.

I think it would also be nice, if financially viable, for the band to look at ways of getting to some other countries/ areas when thay do a tour again. There are people on this forum and I'm sure many others who would love to see the band in concert. Australia/ New Zealand and Russia spring to mind.
Bands have shown there is a growing market in other countries and getting on a good package could benefit both band and fans big time. That way the Band could achieve plenty of exposure without having to run themselves into the ground.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 AM

Although I do want the band to be as big as they well deserve to be I do enjoy the fact that I can watch Saxon three times in one year and only spend what I would spend on one ticket to watch someone like Judas priest and not have a good of show
Old 12-30-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon 1967 View Post
well said simon, I hope your dreams come true also
Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM

`Metal in Britain is on the rise and you are all part of it` Biff shouted at Leicester

I think its very true,I would love to see Saxon at BOA whether as Headliners/Co-Headliners/Very special guests

Saxon`s stock is on the rise and I do think that includes Britain
how many times on Blabbermouth do we see a band get negative comment after negative comment,yet Saxon`s comments are all high praise and worship

Simon a big thumbs up to your excellent post!