Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
MetalMind's Avatar
MetalMind MetalMind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 29
Default Heavy Metal religion

I have red that on January 18, 2010 Byford was launching a campaign to have Britons declare heavy metal as their religion in the United Kingdom Census 2011. Would you support him?

Instead sayind simply yes, I will quote Dream Evil (The Book of Heavy Metal song):
"In life I have no religion besides the Heavy Metal Gods"
  #2  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Sir Lionheart Sir Lionheart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: England
Posts: 289
Default

I would support it, but there's been plans announced to scrap the UK cencus in the future, whether or not that includes the 2011 cencus I don't remember but it has been planned.
  #3  
Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
lionessheart's Avatar
lionessheart lionessheart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England's green and pleasant land
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMind View Post
I have red that on January 18, 2010 Byford was launching a campaign to have Britons declare heavy metal as their religion in the United Kingdom Census 2011. Would you support him?

Instead sayind simply yes, I will quote Dream Evil (The Book of Heavy Metal song):
"In life I have no religion besides the Heavy Metal Gods"
Too right. At least we won't fly planes into buildings or blow up commuters.

I can't see the powers that be allowing though. It might upset the muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lionheart View Post
I would support it, but there's been plans announced to scrap the UK cencus in the future, whether or not that includes the 2011 cencus I don't remember but it has been planned.
Quite right to, What a waste of bloody money the census is. "How many toilets have you got?" "Have you got a mummy and a daddy, 2 daddies or 2 mummies?" and other bullshit.
__________________
I Love Rock n' Roll
  #4  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Nightfaery's Avatar
Nightfaery Nightfaery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 174
Default

There's already been a topic on this, but my general viewpoint on this is this is a bad idea, what was Biff thinking, heavy metal is a music choice and style not a religion, religion is an organised means of worship which means it could go horribly wrong because heavy metal is owt but organised, yadda yadda yadda....
__________________
Death to Mouse Metal! All hail Sir Biff!

I am weird. Take me seriously at your own peril.
  #5  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Nightfaery's Avatar
Nightfaery Nightfaery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Too right. At least we won't fly planes into buildings or blow up commuters.

I can't see the powers that be allowing though. It might upset the muslims.
*sigh* Please leave that kinda talk out of this.

The fact is Muslims or anyone don't get offended at the drop of the hat it's the media making up BS. They made up BS over the World Cup England shirt row.
__________________
Death to Mouse Metal! All hail Sir Biff!

I am weird. Take me seriously at your own peril.

Last edited by Nightfaery; 07-21-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Typo
  #6  
Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Fingers's Avatar
Fingers Fingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Angmering
Posts: 3,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfaery View Post
*sigh* Please leave that kinda talk out of this.

The fact is Muslims or anyone don't get offended at the drop of the hat it's the media making up BS. They made up BS over the World Cup England shirt row.
Well said Nightfaery this is a Saxon forum - religion plays no part!
__________________
WE WILL REMEMBER

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.