Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
I went to a used Vinyl sale yesterday and picked up Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law, never have had those two on vinyl before. Was $11 for the pair, not too shabby, and they're in pretty good condition (especially Wheels).
Wheels Of Steel on vinyl was my first Saxon album. I bought it when it was originally released. BTW I'm having good luck in The Vinyl Community promoting Saxon. Several members have bought, shown and praised Sacrifice in their YouTube videos and Facebook posts.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:40 PM

U.D.O.- bought in my local Media Market
Doro-Raise Your Fist and
Black Sabbath 13-ordered.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Next One:
Saxon-Call To Arms, Vinyl Picture,limited To 500.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM

Tank - Breath Of The Pit

This is former Tank founder Algy Wards effort, who left Tank for medical reasons. I think he made this under his original band name because he wasn't too happy about the direction his old band is taking and that they are touring without his consent in regards to using the name "Tank"

Haven't given it a spin yet but will do, I am a fan of Tank with Algy Ward, I like the "new" Tank but not as much as when Algy was in.

Stalk me on LastFM

Last edited by J-Hawke; 08-01-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
Tank - Breath Of The Pit

This is former Tank founder Algy Wards effort, who left Tank for medical reasons. I think he made this under his original band name because he wasn't too happy about the direction his old band is taking and that they are touring without his consent in regards to using the name "Tank"

Haven't given it a spin yet but will do, I am a fan of Tank with Algy Ward, I like the "new" Tank but not as much as when Algy was in.
Will have to give that a listen. Shame that the usual arguments etc mean we now have two Tank's!!!

I really like the last 'new' Tank album. They are a different beast but a bloody good one
Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Hello, here am my last buyings from Headbangers Open Air last week,
what still is, i can not say often enough, the best festival in Germany!

Bloodfeast - Shirt
Bloodfeast - LP, red vinyl : Last offering before the chopping black
Cleveland Metal - LP, Sampler from the US from 1983,
including i.e. Shok Paris and Breaker, well known, aren't they?
Axxion - EP : same
Axxion - LP, yellow vinyl : Wild racer

Axxion have played and after the gig the singer came to sell their Merch what i like really mouch and i wanted a poster what i saw there. He told me that is only including their LP, what i wanted to buy as CD only. So i bought the Vinyl but therefore the singer hast to kiss this and of course he did. I will never take the dust from this record!!!
By the way they played a great gig! (two of them are former members of Skull fist, maybe some people here know them ?)

That is enough to read for you.
See ya on the road, hmthunder
Old 08-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Will have to give that a listen. Shame that the usual arguments etc mean we now have two Tank's!!!

I really like the last 'new' Tank album. They are a different beast but a bloody good one
There was a lot of contradictions surrounding the Algy and the current Tank lineup, firstly of all he approved of the new lineup with their album "War Machine" then around the time "War Nation" was released, he was complaining that the name "Tank" was being used without his consent so I have no idea on whats really happening...

Onto the album, I would rate it 6.9/10

I expected something more out of the Breath Of The Pit, I mean it is not awful and the spirit and aggression is there but I felt that there was many things missing, the production value are low in my view.

It started out fairly strong but some of the songs are too long and rather repetitive.

To me, as a Tank fan and a fan of Algys music, this album, both the cover and sound looked and felt like a follow up from the self-titled LP from 1987, the self-titled LP is great but I feel the Breath Of The Pit does not live up to the name of that album.

I think that this album could have been a lot better, if more time was taken into production and some of the songs were made shorter, this could have been one killer album, the sound is there but in regards of the length of some of the songs, less is more.

It pains me to criticize this album because I think Algy is great, he made Tank and he is Tank

Best tank album in my view is "Still At War" relased in 2002, it is more modern sounding without sacrificing aggression and spirit of Algy's Tank

Don't get me wrong, I like the "new" tank and War Nation but it is nowhere near as aggressive when Algy was at the helm

There are plenty of old Tank on Youtube, even a music video where Tank was singing for an 80's kids show called Jangles

Stalk me on LastFM

Last edited by J-Hawke; 08-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:37 PM

The last ones:

Kvelertak : same - CD
Maybe some here know these norwegian guys who are singing
in their own language. Great music, Rock 'n Roll !!!
Deathdealer : War master - CD
Power Metal from the States. New band with Ross the Boss,
Rhino (both will well known, or ?) and Sean Peck as the singer,
who does it also with Cage (who i like very much)
Heretic : From the vault ... tortured and broken - 2CD and DVD
Remastered both albums from them from the mid-80's, including
Mike Howe on the mic (RIP) with two live gigs on the DVD
ZZ Top : The complete studio albums 1970 - 1990 - CD-box
Their first 10 albums, great music for relaxing on a sunday

See ya on the road, hmthunder
Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
There was a lot of contradictions surrounding the Algy and the current Tank lineup, firstly of all he approved of the new lineup with their album "War Machine" then around the time "War Nation" was released, he was complaining that the name "Tank" was being used without his consent so I have no idea on whats really happening...

Onto the album, I would rate it 6.9/10

I expected something more out of the Breath Of The Pit, I mean it is not awful and the spirit and aggression is there but I felt that there was many things missing, the production value are low in my view.

It started out fairly strong but some of the songs are too long and rather repetitive.

To me, as a Tank fan and a fan of Algys music, this album, both the cover and sound looked and felt like a follow up from the self-titled LP from 1987, the self-titled LP is great but I feel the Breath Of The Pit does not live up to the name of that album.

I think that this album could have been a lot better, if more time was taken into production and some of the songs were made shorter, this could have been one killer album, the sound is there but in regards of the length of some of the songs, less is more.

It pains me to criticize this album because I think Algy is great, he made Tank and he is Tank

Best tank album in my view is "Still At War" relased in 2002, it is more modern sounding without sacrificing aggression and spirit of Algy's Tank

Don't get me wrong, I like the "new" tank and War Nation but it is nowhere near as aggressive when Algy was at the helm

There are plenty of old Tank on Youtube, even a music video where Tank was singing for an 80's kids show called Jangles
Cheers for that, I've still yet to listen but I will do soon. I used to listen to Tank a lot way back when, and you're correct Algy is/was Tank but I still like the new stuff. War Machine was pretty good but I found the vocals were a bit strained and flat in places, War Nation on the other hand is very good and gets plenty of plays.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM

Two new album purchases today, one metal, one not...

Dio - Magica Deluxe edition

Chet Atkins - Eclectic Guitar

Love them both

Stalk me on LastFM