Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2015, 08:33 AM

Default Judas Priest/Saxon at Rosemont Theater, ILL

I can't tell you how excited I am to see two of my all-time favorite bands tour together for a select few shows and be able to attend one of these concerts.

May 21 at Rosemont Theater can't come soon enough! FILL YOUR HEADS WITH HEAVY METAL THUNDER and DEFEND THE FAITH! \m/
Old 03-08-2015, 05:39 AM

yeah well done you very lucky fuckers for getting these shoes with 2 of the greatest meatal bands of their era and still going strong must be curry and chips or something, what have we done wrong to not deserve this privelige here in uk where our mighty metal bands originate, come on guys you would make us all proud to see you both here on same bill.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:19 PM

I love the latest Priest album, didn't have much hope for it after the horrendous Nostraboreus and KK departing. But Redeemer is great.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:38 PM

I'm in the minority, but I enjoy(ed) Nostradamus. It flows really nicely when listened in its entirety. It is long, but there are some great 'stand alone' metal tracks, too. the Title Track, or my personal favorite, "Persecution" (maybe give that song another try?)

But, Redeemer of Souls is a really strong album and definitely goes back to their roots. Some absolutely great tracks and to top it off, the songs sound EVEN BETTER LIVE! (I saw Judas Priest last October). In addition, the band seems to be rejuvenated with Richie Faulkner in the line-up (and I love KK Downing).

In the end, I'm just thankful that Judas Priest and Saxon are still around. What a great thrill to have two magnificent bands still waving the flag of HEAVY METAL! \m/