Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Jim;53024] I saw them twice in Germany and at Hammersmith with Saxon back in 2012 and they were simply stunning.

Jim, have I missed something?
In which German Towns were theese gigs?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 PM

I think in this day and age 2014 most of the young generation of metal fans don't understand Judas Priest and most of the so called "fans" of Judas Priest from the 80's have "lost the spirit" of what the band is about,most all others that fall in between are totally over-analyzing this new album ....some of these comments on Facebook,YouTube,blabbermouth whining about the production,whining calling it lack of power blah blah blah...

Some of these comments are supposedly coming from Priest fans from the 80's.....
What's funny is that those same people...if Redeemer Of Souls would of came out in 1986 instead of Turbo,they would of LOVED this record....and if Painkiller would of never been written till now and they just released Painkiller these same people would be finding something wrong with it,over analyzing it and claiming how its average and not classic Priest.

Not saying everybody has to like the new album,but this isn't fucking Turbo,or the dull half of Ram It Down,or an experimental effort like Demolition or Nostradamus.
In my opinion this album is equal or just under Defenders Of The Faith....
Say what they want but it still makes me "sick" to read these negative reviews about this obvious classic
Old 07-03-2014, 02:40 AM

like rick said,its a grower..I like it
Old 07-05-2014, 01:16 AM

I've had the album about a week and I do have to say I'm a little bit disappointed! It's not bad, but just a bit ordinary. It's certainly not a Painkiller and I don't think it's a Jugulator either (I know lots of people never liked Ripper singing, but I did). There is some great guitar work from Tipton and Faulkner, but the songs are just unmemorable, but hey, it's 100 times better than Nostradamus!!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
I've had the album about a week and I do have to say I'm a little bit disappointed! It's not bad, but just a bit ordinary. It's certainly not a Painkiller and I don't think it's a Jugulator either (I know lots of people never liked Ripper singing, but I did). There is some great guitar work from Tipton and Faulkner, but the songs are just unmemorable, but hey, it's 100 times better than Nostradamus!!
My thoughts exactly, not even close to "Angel of Retribution", nothing that sticks w/ya...
Old 09-15-2016, 03:43 AM

Wow.....chucking out random tunes... Revolution,Worth Fighting For,Angel,Lochness ....better than say...Redeemer Of Souls title track,Down In Flames,Hell And Back(one of my favourites)...Cold Blooded...the creepiest track since The Ripper? ... Lol. I love AOR too by the way,but damn.

Halls Of Valhalla,Sword Of Damocles,Crossfire,Secrets Of The Dead(which even tops A Touch Of Evil)...Battlecry...are among Judas Priest's best tracks ever.... Judas Priest has been my #1 favorite band since I was 11 years old in 1981 when Point Of Entry came out,Im (and always have been) very critical of the band's song writting. I know we all have opinions but jeeze....I just cant understand what yer hearing but to each his own...I respect it. If Defenders Of The Faith came out RIGHT NOW instead of 1984,people would crap all over it MUCH WORSE than Redeemer Of Souls...

Think about it...those drums,the tone....and tracks I love dearly would be trashed...Rock Hard Ride Free and Some Heads Are Gonna Roll would be called shit. If ROS came out in 84 people today would hearld it a classic Priest album.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:51 AM

For me, Redeemer Of Souls, was the Album of the year 2014
Old 09-15-2016, 01:53 PM

I don't know, perhaps it just hasn't grown on me yet, I just haven't heard any hooks or riffs that stuck w/me...hey, "Lochness" is my favorite track on AoR!
Old 10-25-2016, 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=Husky;53028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I saw them twice in Germany and at Hammersmith with Saxon back in 2012 and they were simply stunning.

Jim, have I missed something?
In which German Towns were theese gigs?
A bit late, but better late than never haha..I saw Priest in Stuttgart in 2012 and then again the next day in Nurnberg. Superb concerts.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:06 AM

Thanks Jim
Meanwhile I saw them last year November in Frankfurt
and some days after this Girlschool,Saxon Motörhead at the same location one hour by train from my hometown.
Great November that was.