Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Tickets / Merch
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Default A question about US tour merch

Greetings fellow Crusaders! I have a question for anyone who has seen Saxon on the current US tour thus far.

Are they selling the Call to Arms album at the merch stands at the shows? If so, do you know if it is the digipack version with the Donnington CD? How much is it?

I'd really like to pick it up from the show directly from the band if at all possible: I'm not sure how much the venues get from album sales or if their cut only applies to merch.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Didn't see any cds for sale just clothing but I didn't stop by the merch table until after the show so they could have been sold out by then....GREAT show though!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM

In santa clara and santa rosa they had 3 different t-shirts, a scarf/kerchief and wristbands. Didn't see CDs. Most bands won't sell cds at concerts that are issued by a major label. Usually solo albums. And the band has to pay the venue a percentage of the merch sales.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmetsfan View Post
In santa clara and santa rosa they had 3 different t-shirts, a scarf/kerchief and wristbands. Didn't see CDs. Most bands won't sell cds at concerts that are issued by a major label. Usually solo albums. And the band has to pay the venue a percentage of the merch sales.
What are the shirts like? Are they US specific shirts or just the generic tour shirts? I know I'm going to buy at least one shirt....possibly two depending on what they have available.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:25 AM

anyone have a photos of the North american 2011 tour shirts?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 AM

Default T-shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
What are the shirts like? Are they US specific shirts or just the generic tour shirts? I know I'm going to buy at least one shirt....possibly two depending on what they have available.
The three for sale last night in Illinois were the two you can see on their web shop along with one that said"Heavy Metal Thunder USA" on front with US dates and venues on back. If you see the HMT Spain shirt for sale on web site, it is that same type with the US flag and dates. Very cool. $30.That was all that was for sale except for a wallet for$20. Wanted to grab a poster, program, sweatshirt, something else but they had none for sale. Don't even get me going on the webstore! I have written more than once asking when they might get in more Xl HMT Spain shirts and XXl tour hoodies but have gotten NO response. I know the band doesn't control all that stuff, but whoever is does not do right by them and is costing them a lot of money buy not having these things for sale as i know many fans who would buy them. Also things like the limited Festival shirts they have had. I understand it is a limited run, but again losing money cause more are not available. Hope this helps you and others out.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobiff View Post
Don't even get me going on the webstore! I have written more than once asking when they might get in more Xl HMT Spain shirts and XXl tour hoodies but have gotten NO response. I know the band doesn't control all that stuff, but whoever is does not do right by them and is costing them a lot of money buy not having these things for sale as i know many fans who would buy them. Also things like the limited Festival shirts they have had. I understand it is a limited run, but again losing money cause more are not available. Hope this helps you and others out.
Buffalobiff - which webstore are you using?

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Buffalobiff - which webstore are you using?
The new one on the official site. Did get a response finally trying to help me out with a couple things so I do apologize if I seemed pissed I really wasn't just frustrated.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobiff View Post
The new one on the official site. Did get a response finally trying to help me out with a couple things so I do apologize if I seemed pissed I really wasn't just frustrated.
No problem Buffalo just wanted to check you had the new webstore that was all, glad you got a response. Hope you get the merch you want.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 AM

Default Pics of US Tour T-Shirt

Hello everyone, here are a couple of pictures of one of the US Tour
t-shirts. I think it's pretty cool. However, I remember seeing one hanging
up on display and it said USA on the bottom.
I didn't see the Texas on the bottom of the shirt until later. Duh. I am not sure if they printed up shirts for each gig or not but I am still happy with it anyway.
Cheers,

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2083.jpg (92.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2084_1.jpg (94.2 KB, 25 views)