Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Default New Iron Maiden album - The Final Frontier

The new Maiden album will be called 'The Final Frontier'. There will also be a north america tour.

www.classicrockmagazine.co.uk

can't wait!

Last edited by Highway Star; 08-15-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM

It is about time too, 4 years since the last album

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM

hopefully they wont play the whole poxy thing live,like the last album
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
The new Maiden album will be called 'The Final Frontier'. There will also be a north america tour.

www.classicrockmagazine.co.uk

can't wait!
...and 1 (one) miserable UK date. Thanks a bunch chaps.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigredone View Post
My thoughts as well. Only one on the SBIT tour as well

By the title track it is likely that this is their last studio album.

I imagine that they will do a farewell tour next year. Let's hope we get more than one bloody gig
Old 03-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
My thoughts as well. Only one on the SBIT tour as well

By the title track it is likely that this is their last studio album.

I imagine that they will do a farewell tour next year. Let's hope we get more than one bloody gig
It certainly seems that way - I hope it isn't

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 03-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigredone View Post
I would guess that they'll do more UK shows when they do the full tour in support of the album. The dates announced so far don't constitute the tour in support of the album. I'd guess there'll be a massive "The Final Frontier" tour in 2011......
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
I would guess that they'll do more UK shows when they do the full tour in support of the album. The dates announced so far don't constitute the tour in support of the album. I'd guess there'll be a massive "The Final Frontier" tour in 2011......
I know the "music" is the "important thing here" but that picture/creature thing thats on the album cover so far doesn't look anything like Eddie AT ALL,maybe there is more to the artwork when the entire picture is revealed but if that is going to be the album cover,then it would be the worst Iron Maiden album cover of all time.

I HATE that picture for an Iron Maiden album cover,it may be cool for another band like Exciter or somebody but its anything but Iron Maidenish and it SUCKS. I have a strong feeling the music on this record is terrible too,but we'll have to wait and see,I'm surely not holding my breath.I'm not thrilled about the title either "The Final Frontier" sounds like a Star Trek title.

I think Iron Maiden's music from 1986 till now(24 years) is "overrated" I don't think the music is as good as people make it out to be,they act as if these albums and songs are just as good as Iron Maiden's first 5 studio albums(Iron Maiden debut 1980 - Powersllave -1984)and to me and many others it isn't. In my opinion Iron Maiden is the 2nd most overrated heavy metal band in history with Metallica being #1.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 03-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post

I know the "music" is the "important thing here" but that picture/creature thing thats on the album cover so far doesn't look anything like Eddie AT ALL,maybe there is more to the artwork when the entire picture is revealed but if that is going to be the album cover,then it would be the worst Iron Maiden album cover of all time.

I HATE that picture for an Iron Maiden album cover,it may be cool for another band like Exciter or somebody but its anything but Iron Maidenish and it SUCKS. I have a strong feeling the music on this record is terrible too,but we'll have to wait and see,I'm surely not holding my breath.I'm not thrilled about the title either "The Final Frontier" sounds like a Star Trek title.

I think Iron Maiden's music from 1986 till now(24 years) is "overrated" I don't think the music is as good as people make it out to be,they act as if these albums and songs are just as good as Iron Maiden's first 5 studio albums(Iron Maiden debut 1980 - Powersllave -1984)and to me and many others it isn't. In my opinion Iron Maiden is the 2nd most overrated heavy metal band in history with Metallica being #1.

I kinda agree with you.When I bought FOTD I did not like it and thats the reason I did not Buy X Factor, tried one more time with Virtual and that was even worse.

When Brave New World came out I gave them another shot and I thought some of it was good,but nothing like the past albums.I haven't bought an album of there's since.

Seen Maiden from there first Killers tour in the US to the Somewhere in Time tour,then basically kinda lost interest in them after that because of what I said above.I did see the BNW tour though and the show was good.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockUFOrever View Post
I kinda agree with you.When I bought FOTD I did not like it and thats the reason I did not Buy X Factor, tried one more time with Virtual and that was even worse.

When Brave New World came out I gave them another shot and I thought some of it was good,but nothing like the past albums.I haven't bought an album of there's since.

Seen Maiden from there first Killers tour in the US to the Somewhere in Time tour,then basically kinda lost interest in them after that because of what I said above.I did see the BNW tour though and the show was good.
I agree,but even I still have to realize that its all "opinions" wich doesn't make my opinion the correct one as if it is fact,but its kinda split in two...half the people I notice think these new Iron Maiden albums are equal to albums such as The Number Of The Beast,Piece Of Mind and Powerslave and the other half think they are half-assed albums where half the stuff is "good" and half of it is shit.

I just can't hear what these "fanboys" as I call them hear in these new Iron Maiden albums,I do like some of it like Brave new World has 5 songs that are quality songs although not as good as 80's Iron Maiden but still good and the other half sucks big time and is horrible.

The Dance Of Death album 2003 is all lame,I don't even like one song off it wich is rare for me....not even one! The 2006 album A Matter Of Life And Death I actually enjoy except for those lame freaking songs they made videos out of "Different World" and "Benjamin Bragg" they are horrible and boring,poor song writting with those.

Yet everybody makes it out to be like old Maiden when to me its not.Same goes with Metallica,the same sinerio...except I hate ALL Shitallica after Master Of Puppets,all of it sucks all the way up to now and every album they continue to put out will suck,there is no hope for "Shitallica'.

I'm really hoping that this new Maiden album will be thier LAST! Saxon kicks Iron Maiden's ass so far up between thier shoulders its not even funny. Hail Saxon!!!!!!