Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 AM

Mad Dan....is there a link to download/podcast your show?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

lol

Come on Mad Dan. You are a Saxon Fan, on the Saxon Official site and Where is Saxon on your playlists. One song gudgingly put in I suppose. Maybe a little dedication should be noticable.

I would think a man with your job, being on this forum, trying to advertise fo yourself that you might play Saxon at lest two to thee times on everyshow.

Don't get pissed. I just notiticed something.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWalker View Post
lol

Come on Mad Dan. You are a Saxon Fan, on the Saxon Official site and Where is Saxon on your playlists. One song gudgingly put in I suppose. Maybe a little dedication should be noticable.

I would think a man with your job, being on this forum, trying to advertise fo yourself that you might play Saxon at lest two to thee times on everyshow.

Don't get pissed. I just notiticed something.
Alright mate, I play Saxon on the show on regular occasions, had biff on twice for interviews on my shows over the past few years on my previous show on BDFM. I also play the Saxon songs other ststions don't!! Played Midas Touch a few weeks agao as well as tunes from all the latest albums (Most other rock stations will play 747 and that's yer whack;-)

So in the great scheme of things Saxon get a good call on my show!! Remember it's only 4 hours and I have to keep fans of other bands happy too!! It's a dirty job......If i have Saxon as a Featured artist again then I'll be playing 4 tracks from them on the show, you'll just need to keep tuning in to find oot;-)

Keep RAWKIN'

MDMC
Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Mad Dan....is there a link to download/podcast your show?
No podcast at the mo, I'll be putting up the interviews for the show soon, Jon Oliva, John Campbell from Lamb Of God, Bruce Kulick Ex Kiss, Gene Simmons, Dave Roads from Airbourne and a few more!

The ststion will have a great new website soon, but for the mo, we've got a webcam in the studio now, so you can check out my air geetar technique on a Friday night;-)

Keep rawkin' people

MDMc
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM

Hey Marty I think your a great guy and very passionate about Saxon but I listen to Mad Dan's show every week and Saxon do get a fair amount of play, probably more than any other band, with the exception of AC/DC who are the world's biggest rock band. Mad Dan is a big Saxon fan along with other rock & metal bands and I'm sure does'nt begrudge playing Saxon on his show.

When it was Biff's birthday recently he played Metalhead in tribute to Biff. I listen to other rock radio stations and if I'm lucky I might catch them play 747 (strangers in the night) and its always that same song.

He plays a wide range of rock and metal, old and new, established artists to upcoming ones and different genre's. Its only a once a week show and he has to fit all this in but still manage's to give Saxon a fair crack.

You can contact Mad Dan while he's live on air by email or facebook and he's happy to take requests so tune in and get those Saxon requests in.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Banned

I should have put in there " Just playing around, J/K, I'm sticking foot in mouth et. I wish I could tune him in but his signal strengh won't reach us reneks in Ohio haha.

Dan-Please no bad feelings ok. I've got a rotten sene of humor.

Marty
Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWalker View Post
I should have put in there " Just playing around, J/K, I'm sticking foot in mouth et. I wish I could tune him in but his signal strengh won't reach us reneks in Ohio haha.

Dan-Please no bad feelings ok. I've got a rotten sene of humor.

Marty
Hey man,

You can t
liten online www.eastcoastfm.co.uk

8 - midnight uk time

;-)
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM

I have to vouch for Mad Dan as well. I listened to his old show and he played the best mix of stuff, including Saxon, of any radio show I have heard.
Dan enthusiasm knows no bounds either.

He even played Trespass which impressed me loads, and Mark Sutcliffe, (Trespass Guitar/vocals).
Old 02-23-2010, 06:48 PM

O.k. O.K. Thanx for your comments you lot, why don't i have Saxon on once again as the Featured artist this Friday night!!

Tune in for 4 tracks on the night from Biff & Co....

But I warn you now...there will be no 747, wheel, strong arm..princess!!!

It'll be 4 crackin tracks from throught their career, but not the ones that are always played;-)

There ye go, I'll be waitin on Friday night to RAWK as usual, make sure yer there;-)

Cheers for the interest and comments

MDMc
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Circle Of Light please Dan