Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
i hate maiden but i now some of songs they did are considered classics so i hate everything from them. also i hate everything from nirvana, oasis and u2. from bands i like i really can't think of any classic song that i dislike (cos maybe it's overplayed on radio or something). there must be some but i can't think of any at the moment
Ditto on Oasis and maybe everything from U2 from 1990 to present time. I do however like Nirvana.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 PM

I'll pretty much agree w/ all the songs named in other responses and add a few:

Anything off "The Wall" by Pink Floyd..so tired of them all

"Free Bird"..by Lynyrd Skynryd (sorry, you just cannot grow up in the South USA w/ out hearing this song all the time, plus it's a given that at any club where a live band is playing some drunk guy is going to yell out for this song to be played)

"La Grange"..by ZZ Top (again, grew up in Texas where this song might actually be the national anthem)..

Good songs by good bands, just way overplayed.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM

Bat Out Of Hell, I really hate this song, In fact I hate everything by Meatloaf.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflyergirl View Post
"Free Bird"..by Lynyrd Skynryd (sorry, you just cannot grow up in the South USA w/ out hearing this song all the time, plus it's a given that at any club where a live band is playing some drunk guy is going to yell out for this song to be played)

I love this song, but have taken to turning off the radio now when it is played, as Im worried that I'll get fed up with it!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley23 View Post
Ditto on Oasis and maybe everything from U2 from 1990 to present time. I do however like Nirvana.
Yes on most of Oasis and yes on lots of U2, well, it is mostly Bono I dislike, Environment this, Africa that, wish he wouldn't tell us what we know allready and make out everything about it is our fault.

Ok, some songs by Oasis and U2 are listenable and not bad on their behalf

I am not fond of Nirvana too, not my type of music, more aimed at the MTV generation (I refuse to be a part of it, even though I was born in the mid 80's)
Old 06-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
Yes on most of Oasis and yes on lots of U2, well, it is mostly Bono I dislike, Environment this, Africa that, wish he wouldn't tell us what we know allready and make out everything about it is our fault.

Ok, some songs by Oasis and U2 are listenable and not bad on their behalf

I am not fond of Nirvana too, not my type of music, more aimed at the MTV generation (I refuse to be a part of it, even though I was born in the mid 80's)
Yep...Nirvana was a tough sell for me also, but with me I'm a sucker for good live band and they were that. And I totally agree with you on Bono's political and views on how we should all follow him to the promised land.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM

Unfortunatly as everyone has been saying "songs" do get played to death,i call them "safe" songs as loads of people don't like rock "except" you play them Rainbow's "Since You've been gone" Maiden's "Run to the Hills", Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" or Sabbath's "Paranoid" and they say "ooo i like that song" and as you know they are put on every "rock various CD"....