Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
One thing to note that people attacked Metallica during the Napster MP3 sharing era by spelling Lars name to Lar$, mostly because people belived that music should be free and Lars was a money hungry SOB

I don't think Metallica has betrayed the genre as much as Def Leppard, Joe Elliott with his words about Def Leppard being a "country" band and was never metal, in my point of view that Leppard was NWOBHM to start off with, then became softer over time eventually turning to some sort of pop rock group although since we are on the case of Metallica, I will say that St. Anger is the worst album in my music collection, it is so half-arsed, underproduced and it is like Metallica couldn't be botherd singing.

totaly agree about def leppard.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lionheart View Post
Priest hasn't changed as much as Metallica has over a period of the last 20 years.

They haven't done anything wrong, they or their fans aren't to blame, and this witchhunt is entirely pointless.
I wasn't trying to make it out to be a "witchhunt" as you put it. I guess I just got tired of waiting for them to release a real heavy metal album.

Angel Of Retribution was released and was excellent and it left alot of fans craving more of it. I think thats why alot more of fans like that album more than they do Nostradamus.

Thats why to me Saxon is the most underrated heavy metal band ever,a band that can top Judas Priest deserves the credit!

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 01-17-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
totaly agree about def leppard.
Poison are worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
I wasn't trying to make it out to be a "witchhunt" as you put it. I guess I just got tired of waiting for them to release a real heavy metal album.

Angel Of Retribution was released and was excellent and it left alot of fans craving more of it. I think thats why alot more of fans like that album more than they do Nostradamus.

Thats why to me Saxon is the most underrated heavy metal band ever,a band that can top Judas Priest deserves the credit!

If it wasn't for Lochness, Angel would have been one of Priest's best albums. A nasty foretaste of what was to come
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM

I understand all your gripes about Priest's lack of and quality of material in recent years but if this their last tour I will certainly catch them live for the last time and give the band a great send off for all that they have contributed to Metal over the years, I hope the tour will be a celebration of that.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkster View Post
I understand all your gripes about Priest's lack of and quality of material in recent years but if this their last tour I will certainly catch them live for the last time and give the band a great send off for all that they have contributed to Metal over the years, I hope the tour will be a celebration of that.
The reason for my gripes about the band is that its like watching your favorite team on any sport go through the season all year long and getting excited because of how good they are doing only to make it to the playoffs and fall flat on thier face and lose and thats what it feels like for me persoanlly with Judas Priest.

From the week they released Nostradamus (July 2008)I was aching for the "next record" and 3 years later just to find out they are not making a studio album,it feels like a playoff loss and it stings,its a huge letdown but this seems like a letdown after a 3 year long season though.

It just sucks that they couldn't of done one more last album of all time something heavy and crunchy that Judas Priest are known for,and the fact that they aren't going to do and retire under Nostradamus makes them look weak and ran out of steam it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

But I do understand that "other people have different opinions" and that mine is an icolated case,its just that I'll be disappointed in them for a long time.

This is why Saxon is so great,they give the fans a heavy metal album that stems from the roots instead of creating something so far progressive like The Final Frontier and Nostradamus.Saxon truely are the "Metal Gods".
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 PM

i believe indeed this is priests last year,and its a shame they seem to have not given the fans what they want,unlike saxon,to quote leppard for judas priest;"its better to burn out,than fade away" (rock of ages)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:26 PM

really hope they annouce some tour dates soon, i really want to see the priest!!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Well apparentely from Glenn's official website,he said that Judas Priest will be writting new material for a new studio album but didn't say when the album could possibly be ready and how they will not be touring it world wide.

Now why in the hell couldn't of they just said this in the first place? First they give hints in October about a possible new LP then they announce big news in December only to find out its a farewell tour with absolutely nothing mentioned about a new album.

Then a month and a half later Glenn finally gives news about them writting new material? Jeeze. I'm still mad at the band for dragging the fan's hope through a roller coaster ride of disappointment but I still like the band's old material so at least there is some kind of hope for a heavy metal record unless the album will be a Nostradamus part 2?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Then a month and a half later Glenn finally gives news about them writting new material? Jeeze. I'm still mad at the band for dragging the fan's hope through a roller coaster ride of disappointment but I still like the band's old material so at least there is some kind of hope for a heavy metal record unless the album will be a Nostradamus part 2?
Please spare me the thought. My favourite band Maiden has produced an album which is mostly tedious crap and to have Priest churn out Nostra 2 would be more than I can take.

I think Priest have realised they released a dud. The idea of playing all of Nostraboreus soon fell by the wayside (they realised that the audience would leave/fall asleep). So they toured with a 30 year old album!

In the meantime I'm sticking to Motorhead's excellent new release.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
In the meantime I'm sticking to Motorhead's excellent new release.
good words there. between them and saxon, thats reallll good metal. or rock. whatever people call it!