Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 PM

I was not impressed the last 2 times I've seen Priest. Halford just lumbers from side to side of the stage, it's like watching a bloody tennis match. He also looks at the floor (I can't see an autocue there). I think he forgets there's an audience.

Also why do rob, Glenn and KK go off stage after each song? Is it beneath them to towel off and have a drink on stage. Perhaps they have a few groupies off stage, but why can't they wait till the end of the show?
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat of Peace View Post
Thanks, nice to hear it! I've been through...bad times. I'm handling some problems and it takes time and energy.
Bad times? Same here Cat! Send me an e-mail my friend,I've got a lot of stuff to tell ya!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
I was not impressed the last 2 times I've seen Priest. Halford just lumbers from side to side of the stage, it's like watching a bloody tennis match. He also looks at the floor (I can't see an autocue there). I think he forgets there's an audience.

Also why do rob, Glenn and KK go off stage after each song? Is it beneath them to towel off and have a drink on stage. Perhaps they have a few groupies off stage, but why can't they wait till the end of the show?
I agree Lionessheart. The thing that irratates me is that with the band's history we all know that Rob left Judas Priest after the Painkiller tour in 1991. He came back 13 years later in 2004 and released one of the band's finest albums "Angel Of Retribution" in March 2005.

Since then,it took them 3 years and 4 months to release one of thier worst albums (in my personal opinion of course) Nostradamus July 2008 regaurdless if one likes the album or not it still took them 3 years and 4 months to release it.

Then they tried to tour it,and noticed that it was basically a "flop" so half way through the Nostradamus tour they quickly strike up a 30th aniversary tour of British Steel in early 2009 and milk that tour for a year and a half. Now in July 2011 3 years after the release of Nostradamus they will be starting this "Epitaph" world farewell tour without a studio album? Rob has been back with Priest for almost 7 years and they only have one worthy album out of it.

Saxon would of released 4 studio albums in this time. It frustrates me and it is sad that this once great band can't figure out that fans want "music" to listen to at home just as much as seeing the band live.

In my opinion the band has wasted too much precious time with "experimenting' with the Nostradamus LP,we could of gotton another Angel Of Retribution,or perhaps another Painkiller,Defenders Of The Faith or Screaming For Vengeance and I'm not talking about a carbon copy of those albums,I meant a "normal" heavy metal album like Saxon has been putting out.

It pisses me off to the point that I quit the Judas Priest forum after being there for 6 years. I'm finished because I can't refrain from posting negative comments all year long in 2011 so I just said "fuck em".

This next studio album meant alot to me and millions of other fans,but I'm not a "fan-boy" and its not ok with me that the band does anything they want even though I don't have a choice,the band just bores me and is anything but exciting touring and playing the same old songs without a new studio album. Judas Priest was a very worthy band from 1974-2005.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 AM

If the fans make enough noise priest may reconsider and do an album. i havnt read that there wont be a new album anywhere yet and on kk downings site last month it looks like they working on one from what was said to a fan in Q&A's.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
You should get the Painkiller album,that is classic Judas Priest. If they decide to do a Nostradamus tour in 2011 then that would be a huge disappointment and it would seem the band would be taking a step backwards instead of forwards with a brand new album.

It would utterly suck if they chose to do the "N" tour! They need to bring on a new heavy metal masterpice that can stand up to albums like Hell Bent For Leather,British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance,Defenders Of The Faith,Painkiller and Angel Of Retribution.
one of the more classic album are british steel. isnt it?

The Drummer has Landed
Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
one of the more classic album are british steel. isnt it?
Yes of course. British Steel is a classic album with every track top notch....well...United is kinda lame but at the time I heard it I was 10 years old in 1980 and I loved it ha!

I do have to thank Saxon for never giving up and releasing a studio album every 2 years,that rocks.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonthegreat View Post
If the fans make enough noise priest may reconsider and do an album. i havnt read that there wont be a new album anywhere yet and on kk downings site last month it looks like they working on one from what was said to a fan in Q&A's.
I know nothing about what K.K. is doing with Priest,but as excrutiatingly slow this band is at releasing material,I highly doubt that new album is in the works,I'd bet they haven't even thought about a new album,but I could be wrong here. I'd lay money on I'm right.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I do have to thank Saxon for never giving up and releasing a studio album every 2 years,that rocks.

i feel the same about Motorhead too. in the last 10 years they've released 5 albums and release another one on wedensday. 6 albums in 10 years, and a decent length uk tour almost every year!!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Rob Halford has spoken briefly about the band’s “farewell” tour.

In an interview with WGN-TV Halford said: “Well, they do say that all good things come to an end and that’s probably the case in this case. But I’m delighted that, of course, the Halford band is gonna be storming forward in the metal future, and that’s gotta be good news.”

He added, “I’ve been doing this now for close to 40 years and it’s a real thrill to think that I’m part of the roots of it all. Not just myself — many, many other people have been responsible for putting the whole heavy metal scene onto the map. It’s as strong now as it’s ever been.”

Priest announced the first dates on their Epitaph World Tour earlier this week, with the High Voltage Festival being confirmed as the band’s last ever UK festival show.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I agree Lionessheart. The thing that irratates me is that with the band's history we all know that Rob left Judas Priest after the Painkiller tour in 1991. He came back 13 years later in 2004 and released one of the band's finest albums "Angel Of Retribution" in March 2005.

Since then,it took them 3 years and 4 months to release one of thier worst albums (in my personal opinion of course) Nostradamus July 2008 regaurdless if one likes the album or not it still took them 3 years and 4 months to release it.

Then they tried to tour it,and noticed that it was basically a "flop" so half way through the Nostradamus tour they quickly strike up a 30th aniversary tour of British Steel in early 2009 and milk that tour for a year and a half. Now in July 2011 3 years after the release of Nostradamus they will be starting this "Epitaph" world farewell tour without a studio album? Rob has been back with Priest for almost 7 years and they only have one worthy album out of it.

Saxon would of released 4 studio albums in this time. It frustrates me and it is sad that this once great band can't figure out that fans want "music" to listen to at home just as much as seeing the band live.

In my opinion the band has wasted too much precious time with "experimenting' with the Nostradamus LP,we could of gotton another Angel Of Retribution,or perhaps another Painkiller,Defenders Of The Faith or Screaming For Vengeance and I'm not talking about a carbon copy of those albums,I meant a "normal" heavy metal album like Saxon has been putting out.

It pisses me off to the point that I quit the Judas Priest forum after being there for 6 years. I'm finished because I can't refrain from posting negative comments all year long in 2011 so I just said "fuck em".

This next studio album meant alot to me and millions of other fans,but I'm not a "fan-boy" and its not ok with me that the band does anything they want even though I don't have a choice,the band just bores me and is anything but exciting touring and playing the same old songs without a new studio album. Judas Priest was a very worthy band from 1974-2005.
Apart from the diabolical Lochness, I agree that Angel of Retribution is up there with Priest's best releases.

It's a shame for a band of this stature to end up as a parody which the last album and on stage performances highlight all too well. I get the impression that they can't be bothered.