Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
for some reason i never really liked Priest, don't know why, but then i heard then being interviewed on planet rock. i then got their 30th reissue of british steel and loved it! the dvd is one of the best I've seen. Im going to get some kinda 'best of' next and see how that goes!
You should get the Painkiller album,that is classic Judas Priest. If they decide to do a Nostradamus tour in 2011 then that would be a huge disappointment and it would seem the band would be taking a step backwards instead of forwards with a brand new album.

It would utterly suck if they chose to do the "N" tour! They need to bring on a new heavy metal masterpice that can stand up to albums like Hell Bent For Leather,British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance,Defenders Of The Faith,Painkiller and Angel Of Retribution.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 PM

The band wouldn't do a Nostradamus tour, to get the right live effect you'd need to have the orchestra onstage with you, backing tracks alone wouldn't really create the right haunting ambience that the record tries to achieve. The album itself to me is just a technical exersize to see what the band could do outside their norm, and I really doubt that they'd do another concept album, so the next one would be far more towards AOR and the classics.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lionheart View Post
The band wouldn't do a Nostradamus tour, to get the right live effect you'd need to have the orchestra onstage with you, backing tracks alone wouldn't really create the right haunting ambience that the record tries to achieve. The album itself to me is just a technical exersize to see what the band could do outside their norm, and I really doubt that they'd do another concept album, so the next one would be far more towards AOR and the classics.
I bloody well hope they don't do another Nostraboreus album.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:07 PM

I Love "The Mower" It's very heavy!

Defenders of the Faith, Screaming for Vengeance, Painkiller and British Steel are great Judas Priest and the rest of their discography also has his good moment's.

I Hoped Priest brought the British Steel Con Tour to europe but they didn't and I'm still wondering why? Priest is a European band! (except for Scott Travis)

Last edited by Sebasgitaar; 09-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM

i wish that new priest album sounds like new accept album-by that i mean i wish for it to be classic heavy metal with killer riffs and solos, i wish new album would have that old school feel but with modern production just like saxon albums or accept new album
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 09-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
i wish that new priest album sounds like new accept album-by that i mean i wish for it to be classic heavy metal with killer riffs and solos, i wish new album would have that old school feel but with modern production just like saxon albums or accept new album
I know innuendo,I think 95% of Judas Priest fans want an album like you discribed. History has shown they have delivered something classic everytime they experimented:

They put out the classic British Steel in 1980,they experimented with 1981's "Point Of Entry" writting songs like the terrible "Don't Go",You Say Yes,All The Way,Trouble Shooter,On the Run....

Half the album of experimental....then wham they put out Screaming For Vengeance then Defenders Of The Faith and then they experimented with "Turbo" in 1986 then they tried to come back with "Ram It Down" but got stuck half way in the window(lol!) but then boom in 1990 the mighty "Painkiller" album.

Then of course Rob left the band,they even experimented with the terrible "Demolition" album 2001 and they came back with 2005's Angel Of Retribution" and I know you don't care for that album innuendo but even you must think its better than Turbo,Demolition and Nostradamus? no? lol! But yeah history has shown that every time they experiment they storm back with a vengeance,lets hope so with the next album!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM

i never listened their albums with ripper, i have no interest in them and i should spin again aor and turbo to see which i like better (or should i say which i dislike less)
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
You should get the Painkiller album,that is classic Judas Priest. If they decide to do a Nostradamus tour in 2011 then that would be a huge disappointment and it would seem the band would be taking a step backwards instead of forwards with a brand new album.

It would utterly suck if they chose to do the "N" tour! They need to bring on a new heavy metal masterpice that can stand up to albums like Hell Bent For Leather,British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance,Defenders Of The Faith,Painkiller and Angel Of Retribution.
JD...are you familiar with the band Cage? They have a sound that is VERY much in the mold of Painkiller era Priest, I think you'ld really like them. Here's some info about them, I have their last two albums and really like them both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cage_(band)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
JD...are you familiar with the band Cage? They have a sound that is VERY much in the mold of Painkiller era Priest, I think you'ld really like them. Here's some info about them, I have their last two albums and really like them both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cage_(band)
mnsaxonfan,yes I've heard Cage,a few albums but I thought they were a "christian metal" band I'm not sure but I took them as a christian metal band and I really don't like christian metal,but I can see your comparisons.

Have you heard Running Wild's "Black Hand Inn" album or the "Masquerade" album? Those 2 records are great heavy metal,and Iced Earth's first 2 albums: 1990"Iced Earth" and 1992 "Night Of The Stormrider".
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM

got a 3 disc/41 track Priest 'Best of' ...Cracking Stuff!!