Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Default The Biggest Review Ever - Part 8 - Dusseldorf

THE BIGGEST REVIEW EVER - PART 8 - SAXON IN DUSSELDORF ON 15TH OF DECEMBER 2007

well i donīt know where to start as always

but here we go:

i can save a lot of typing when you read this thread - it began with a question from scotland - some flight bookings from england and it ended in some organising from germany - thatīs the best description

just read this:

SAXON IN DUSSELDORF

now that was the theory and this is the real life:

we started from our small hometown to the dortmund aiport in order to pick up saxon1963 (martin) as he is the only one landing there. we said WTF and picked him up so that he had no problems getting a train - we had to do the distance anyway ! he even arrived earlier than expected so everyting was fine. for a last minute decision a good solution.

we arrived at the house in wemb near the weeze aiport - met the owner - got the key - and now the lights were green for the airport:

we left the saxonmobile at the house and took a taxi to the airport because the rented bus would drop us here in the night. arriving at the airport it took only 10 minutes as:

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 AM

we met our mates from england scotland and from sweden which touched down on friday already. luckily the airport staff was so kind to let them sleep in a corner IN the airport so fortunately they were doing well !

here we are:

saxonized (pete - the undergeround star and master of the banging xmas hats !)

paxoman & sammi (mark and sammi - forum hunters #1 - they really donīt need an intruduction...)

chris (dude of saxonmckenz - moving to america soon - to the sunshine state... he said this event was unbelievable !)

jay & chris (a friendly pair of saxonmckenz - nice ones !)

saxonmckenz (gordon - well the scottish one and only - he must get the new dvd for free as he is the hidden 6th bandmember somehow)

metaldude (linus from sweden - itīs his birthday today !!! - what a birthday event he gave to himself !)

victor (an always for beer looking dude of metaldude (lol) - nice company !)

tim747skyes & debbie (tim was awake since friday morning... he used toothpicks to keep his eyes from falling down)

fingers (andy - a really nice bloke ! thanks again for your present ! the first bottle was opened an hour ago - nearly 50% left...)

saxon1963 (martin - the dortmund touchdowner travelling with goss afterwards to nurnberg - he didnīt find the double-pedals while i was driving - bad luck for driving teachers...)

northernlady (kerstin from germany - saxonatorīs better half and the organisator of the bus, food supporter and the inventor of airpumps)

saxonator (udo from germany - visit my website: http://www.udo-online.de !!!)

one guy sleeping in the house is still not here: lance from sweden - he met metaldude on his trip to the airport in sweden and decided the day before to join this festival - we took him with us into the house of course - weīre leaving no one behind !

so here is:

look ! the bus will be airbrushed with that next time !

then we drove from the airport to the house in order to drop the useless stuff. suddenly i felt like xmas was today ! they gave us an envelope with collected money for our arrangements - and a photo in a frame from their meeting at the nottingham gig. what a present !!! i even got a special (i think itīs called "bobbie-hat") - you will see it on some of the pictures shown here - i left in inside the house in order not to be damaged) "the saxon law: i gotta rock to stay alive" is printed on it as well as a glued eagle at the front - brilliant artwork !!!

believe me: your enjoyment would have been payment enough !!!

now look at this:

words fail me...

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 AM

the 2 bottles of martini was a present from fingers for me to make sure that i get in the right mood to release the review quicker than the london one...

we got also xmas presents for all of us: flashing xmas hats for everyone to be recognised at the festival !!!

looks nice ! what do you think ?

only 15 minutes later we were heading with high speed to dusseldorf. the bus was not able to bring us to the meeting point with kelly who would be our dusseldorf guide because of a demonstration of kurdish people in the town. thousands of policemen made it hard to reach the meeting point in time - many roads were closed to prevent that the skinheads come into the town - so we had to walk about 25 minutes to get to the "rheinterrassen" in order to meet kelly. most of us had long hair so we passed the skinhead-control easily... i am not sure what happened to tim747sykes... (forgive me lol)

i phoned kelly and he directed us among the rhine until we finally met. he led us to the "altstadt" or "oldtown" of dusseldorf. over 200 bars and pubs close together made this area called "the longest bar of the world". this town rocks !!!

entering the "altstadt" some of us had to empty their bladder. we approached public toilets where five or six entered the ladyīs rooms... and quickly returned to take the correct door. pax was the only one who didnīt mind... well, we had a big laugh as he came out ! i think the pictograms were too small...

<-- this means "ladies only"

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 AM

now some german lesson:

damen = ladies

herren = menīs

forgive me the joke

funny anyway

released and happy smiling we went on to the engel bar: (former white bear bar)

maybe someone wants to take a time-travel through the bar where all began:

THE "ENGEL" IN DUSSELDORF

after some further beers the heartbeats rose:

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 AM

well, no words needed:

here he is: the mighty kelly - our dusseldorf bar guide:

(guess why he is looking so released lol)

i decided to collect some girls for the night:

you wonder why he is called "the star of the underground" by me ? watch the video mentioned later !!!

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 AM

first watch this video: itīs saxonized banging xmas style to "we will rock you". man, the was great fun !!!

here is the original version:

WE WILL ROCK YOU

kerstin proceeded a "brighter" version in order to see more details as it was a kind of dark:

WE WILL ROCK YOU (BRIGHTER)

after enjoying the engel bar and joining some nearby food-support-possibilities we had to go to the venue by taking the underground:

now the time is right for you to watch this unbelievable video:

STRONG ARM OF THE UNDERGROUND

WONDERFUL OR WHAT ???

I CANīT HEAR YOU !!!!

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 04-01-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 AM

this video must be nominated for a "saxon fan spread the word" award or something ! you were great !!!

the arrival at the philipshall: (i lightened it up because it was dark also...)

looking for some new merchandising stuff: they got some new shirts "live to rock - live in germany" and "live to rock - live in the uk" which were bought by many people:

finally we met olbahat + his wife - now we were complete !!!

high and dry played... primal fear played... no one was interested in it somehow...

after them the mighty UDO entered the stage and that was the time when it got really interesting as i never saw my name-brother live before...

thanks to midnight mover who supported this setlist:

1. Mastercutor
2. 24/7
3. Midnight Mover
4. Vendetta
5. Princess Of The Dawn
6. Man And Machine
7. Animal House
8. Metal Heart
9. Holy
10. I'm A Rebel (with his Son on the drums)
11. Balls To The Wall

i loved it !!!

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 AM

yeah !!!

<-- i love this fucking smilie....

and they loved me !!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 AM

because i am....

i enjoyed the show !!! wow that was great !!! an old accept song was special enjoyment - balls to the wall... especially fingers was very happy hearing that song !

now this is:

and this is:

and this is:

Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 AM

and this is:

after UDO W.A.S.P. entered the stage and oblahat meant that:

they both enjoyed it but in my opinion udo must have had more time to play - but donīt let us fight - at least every one got his special fun !!!

lance and victor:

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 12-18-2007 at 01:01 AM.