Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM

I felt I should re-post my original thoughts here also, missing you Pete you've left a massive gap for us all.

A great fan, forum member and true friend your fun humour and friendship will be greatly missed along with the entertainment you brought along the way be it in the guise of "Metal Ed", "Eddie DC" or more recently "Let there be DC", we've seen you rock Holmfirth, Dusseldorf, Wembley & Shepherds Bush. Great memories from great times these memories will stay with us and because of that you will always live on in our hearts.

God bless, my thoughts and love to your family and friends, thank you Saxon for this touching tribute.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 PM

God bless Pete, you will be sorely missed....I have some great memories of the times we meet..rest in peace mate.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM

Dear All

First of all thank you so much for all your tributes and kinds words for my brother Peter. They have truly helped us get through what has been an extremely difficult time.

It is Peters wife Clares wish that there are family flowers only at his funeral on 11th February and that all donations are made to the fantastic Help for Heroes charity, a charity who Peter raised money for performing as Metal Ed.

I have therefore set up a fundraising page to firstly add any donations made at the funeral and also give friends of Peters who are unable to join us on 11th February to make donations on-line .

Please click on the link below

www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/PeterShattock

Many thanks for all your support,

Michael Shattock
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXONATOR View Post
RIP my friend - i never forget THIS nor THAT

And here is an everlasting ROSE which you gave us !

But dont worry - we will all meet again

Sooner or later - we meet the maker

it doesnt matter to me

Cause ive been laughing - while im crying

He had to drag you away

Id give it all away - just for one more more day

one more DANCE with you

Now sleep well my Karaoke-God
Great to read all that, watch the videos and see the pictures.

Amazing memories of a great friend, our memories will live on R.I.P. Pete.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Tomorrow we say goodbye to Pete at his funeral.So it is the last day you can donate to his memorial page in aid of Help For Heroes.Please donate if you can it would be a fitting tribute to raise some money for a charity close to Pete's heart.Thanks.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...ck&isTeam=true
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
Pete's Funeral has been arranged for Mon 11th Feb at 11.45 St Giles Church,Holme Village.Followed by a cremation at Peterborough Crematorium, All Welcome. No dress code.So you can wear your Saxon shirts.
Thanks midnightrider,
I will listen to Saxon- We Will Remember- and To Absent Friends,
and my thougts will be with Pete his Family and all you friends.

R.I.P Pete
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM

It was a very moving day yesterday,and found it hard to fight back the tears on several occasions esp during absent friends.It was a nice send off and a great turn out for a lovely guy who will never be forgotten.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM

Default Thank you.

I would personally just like to say thank you to each and every single one of you who turned up at my father's funeral yesterday, it was a fantastic turn out. It was a true honour to see you travel to pay your respects to Peter Shattock. To the people who stood in the lines of honour outside the St. Giles Church in Holme, that was absolutely fantastic, I cannot thank you enough. It was honour to walk past you all whilst I helped carry his coffin into the church. It was a huge day for me, and I wanted to make my Dad proud. 'Absent Friends' was played yesterday at the crematorium in his honour due to the love and devotion of Saxon. This song will stick and stay with me forever. The song brought many tears as it did smiles, as I reminisced them fantastic times as he sang I shared with Dad. Thank you all so much once again.

I would now like to take the time to draw your attention to my fathers fundraising memorial page. My father has raised money in the past for Help for Heroes when performing as Metal Ed it seemed only fitting that any donations made at his funeral went to the same fantastic cause.

I am so proud that he was committed and devoted to this charity as he made donations towards heroes of war, people who risked life and limb to fight for our country. That is commendable. I used to take for things for granted, but now I have taken a step back and I have now realised that I need to count my blessings. I am blessed to have a fully functional working body, something that them heroes of war longer have.

So in his honour and respect. I now want to follow in his footsteps and raise money for charity. I've recently been working to fund money for a suit blazer for his funeral. 50 I earned to fund that blazer. but now I've seen this memorial page, I want to put that money towards a better cause, I am working again tomorrow till Friday before I head back to university sometime next week. University life is hard as it is, but I've now realised that this is something I now need to do. I hope to raise further money for this fantastic cause...

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...ck&isTeam=true

Do something amazing today! Spread the word.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM

agree 100 per cent, a beauitful service for a great person, it showed how much Pete was liked,
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Once again, well said Daniel.

I was so pleased to meet you this week, although I so much wish it was through different circumstances.

I must say how impressed I was at the way you handled yourself throughout the day, you acted in a way I know your dad would be so proud. Its not easy to lose a father at your age, but you behaved in a very well balanced way...just like your dear old dad would.

I'm so pleased you have taken the time to think of others, whilst grieving yourself....but then again....you're Pete's son. Rest assured you can count on our support with your fund raising.

But please .....You make sure you don't whack yourself out, take each day slowly...gently gently.... College, & fund raising = lots of work..... but you know where we all are mate....we all share this with you.

God bless you mate....Pete would be mighty proud of you.....Top Man!!!!!