Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to Philthy Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
.........deep down I do think things could have been done better and improved on not Just by Harvey Goldsmith, but also by Ten Alps.

Point of order.......one of Ten Alps' co-founders & non-executive directors (and good friend of Harvey) is Bob "Give us yer f00kin' money" Geldof, so I think we can safely assume that Harvey's hand was well & truly at the Ten Alps helm, or does that make me a conspiracy theorist?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:39 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:

I do agree with you Moz, but the Sheffield gig in particular was being promoted by Harvey Goldsmith, and therefore you would have expected better promotion surely?

Well he did I guess they got 1800 in.... but maybe not by flinging a load of money at it.......
Old 04-18-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzymoz View Post
Well he did I guess they got 1800 in.... but maybe not by flinging a load of money at it.......
That's the point mate there was never 1800 at the Sheffield gig, that's where the camera trickery helped out !

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 04-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
That's the point mate there was never 1800 at the Sheffield gig

I meant to ask that question a wee while ago Fingers - how many were actually at that Sheffield gig cos I'm sure I saw quite a few empty seats on the programme!!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:14 PM

It was pretty full downstairs but there were a lot of empty ones in the balcony.It looked like there was a lot ot empty seats downstairs because Biff told everyone to come down the front,hence empty seats.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of the Night747 View Post
I meant to ask that question a wee while ago Fingers - how many were actually at that Sheffield gig cos I'm sure I saw quite a few empty seats on the programme!!
Personally I think there were 1000 - 1200 there tops ???

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Talking

Well anyway regardless the gig did look pretty nicely attended whatever and as part of the overall thing for the TV show it looked great compared to playing the small pub in Lincoln. In that regard it did the job and showed the band in a different light performing where they should be. And as we already know tickets are going well now for the biggest UK tour they have done in years! So once again despite all the nay sayers the program DID achieve what the band wanted out of it!

What you should now be bothered about is whether all foundation work done by the show, this positive and upward movement, can be sustained and built on - that is the goal!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
That's the point mate there was never 1800 at the Sheffield gig, that's where the camera trickery helped out !

You have hit the nail on the head Fingers mate! The more I think about this with the events running up to the gig. I'm talking about the ticket fiasco, that speical number we rang 24 hrs before general sale!! I reakon that was delibrate on HG's orders. Get the seats filled from row F back with Saxon's hardcore, then release those front row seats later, maybe with people in mind to fill them if required with little of no promotion.

He's not going to throw loads of money at it, he needs the gig to look a success on TV, makeing him look the almighty one and then pronounce a job well done!

A good post Moz, I'm calling it the diplomatic thread
Old 04-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzymoz View Post
Well anyway regardless the gig did look pretty nicely attended whatever and as part of the overall thing for the TV show it looked great compared to playing the small pub in Lincoln. [/B]

Sorry Moz, I have to disagree. The Lincoln gig was good viewing to a younger audience watching the programme, seeing other youngsters getting into the band was cool and must be encouragement for them to check Saxon out too.

At no point did it state that Saxon play pubs now, Harvey did make it clear it was a exercise to see how they faired in front of a new and younger audience, and the band looked good! One big plus to come out of the programme.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXONIZED View Post
Sorry Moz, I have to disagree. The Lincoln gig was good viewing to a younger audience watching the programme, seeing other youngsters getting into the band was cool and must be encouragement for them to check Saxon out too.

At no point did it state that Saxon play pubs now, Harvey did make it clear it was a exercise to see how they faired in front of a new and younger audience, and the band looked good! One big plus to come out of the programme.

Ummm what are you disagreeing with? I didn't say Saxon play pubs now I was saying that in the context of the program seeing them in the pub and then seeing them in the big hall the big hall looked better that's all!