Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM

Exclamation Judas Priest's new song

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-...emer-of-souls/

Redeemer of Souls from Priest's forthcoming album due out in mid July.

Mmm. It's OK, but I'm not exactly blown away. I think I'll stick to British Steel and Stained Class. Perhaps it will grow on me

How about the rest of you?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Guitar solo is good, I think it's a grower. Certainly sounds better than anything of Nostrosnoozefest
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM

I think its pretty good, worth a listen

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Priest never lets you down. Redeemer of souls will maybe never be a real classic like Living after midnight or Painkiller but I think its a great one! A bit like Hell patrol but more meldic

Last edited by PCE; 05-04-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:07 PM

I also like some other songs more, but itīs really not bad, I think.
Anyway itīs only one song of the new album, letīs await the others. Iīm really looking forward to it.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:14 AM

I think the new track Redeemer Of Souls is excellent! Is it thier best track ever? Imo....no,but does it have to be ya know? The track gived hints style like that of Hell Patrol but I think its better than Hell Patrol although I do like Hell Patrol too...

In 1990 if they would of released Hell Patrol as single/video instead of Painkiller for thier first song I think the reaction would be similar.....

I do like "simple" Priest tracks as they have been my fav band since 1981...."Turning Circles" is one of my favs and to others its shit,but that track means something to me,and its a good song.Not every Priest track has to be rocket science,or Freewheel Burning,Painkiller or Metal Meltdown....although I do lean towards Priest's heavier works,I do love other classics too.

I love Halford's backing harmonies softly behind when he sings right before Glenn kivks in with his solo....and love it when Glenn's solo echos into the sky right before Richie's solo kicks in.....just love the sound of Judas Priest...

And also how much Richie Faulkner actually fits in the band unlike Ripper Owens,its just amazing how much he fits in,sure I miss Downing but this sound is awsome from Richie and I cant wait till this record is out! Judas Priest showing the world they are back from Nostradamus to reclaim thier ultimate crown as being undisputed masters in the art of heavy metal.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Redeemer Of Souls due out in 5 weeks! I've been a ultimate Fan of Judas Priest since 1981 so I consider myself a valid opinion and I think so far the tracks we've heard are nothing short of quality classic Judas Priest. Not saying everyone has to like this new album,but those who wanted them to follow "Painkiller " formula. they will be disappointed but those who love classic Judas Priest should 9 out of 10 like the new album.

March Of The Damned IS Classic Priest,but not only that its classic Priest...its a quality track that has hints of perhaps British Steel,yet it still harnesses the album's style..like it should. Halls Of Valhalla is top notch,Dragonaut too man....Crossfire is also very classic....Sword of Damocles is kick ass,so is secrets of the dead.....we are in for one hell of a classic Priest album,Richie Faulkner fits so well in the band it's incredible,sure we miss Downing but Faulkner has saved this band and has helped deliver a real classic quality record. A+
Old 06-13-2014, 12:12 PM

looking forward to the album, it sure sounds like classic priest. Not exactly sure on the production though to be honest. Sure they probably want an older\ more classic sound this time but it sounds a little underwhelming although I like the songs. Holding judgement until release hopefully the cd has a little more life. Not fair to judge on streams and possibly not the final mix.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:30 PM

You know,I've read lots of posts,comments from various places about a poor production from Glenn,but to my ears through my speakers I can't for the life of me understand what is wrong with the "production" lol. It sounds fine to me,usually the focus is on the actual song writting and songs but I think in this day and age metal albums of all genres have been and are being "over produced".

Even if they were to release Painkiller right now the way it sounds had it not been written and recorded in 1990 it's production too would be off and perhaps not over produced thick enough. Defenders Of The Faith especially ....if released right now would upset far more fans than Redeemer of Souls. Everyone obviously has their own opinions.

I remember 1981 when I got into Priest when I was 11 yrs old watching MTV seeing the Heading out To The Highway video and was waiting for the next album and when Screaming for Vengeance came out I was stoked,in 84' when Defenders came out I stayed home from school to listen to it....when Redeemer of Souls comes out I think I should stay home from work and listen to it too lol
Old 06-15-2014, 07:03 PM

I think Priest have never sounded better. I saw them twice in Germany and at Hammersmith with Saxon back in 2012 and they were simply stunning. Ritchie Faulkner is a great guitarist with all the licks and stage moves, image etc. I have seen them every tour since the Painkiller tour in 91' and they really are on fire right now. Just like Saxon