Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2018, 05:23 PM

Default A couple of 1979 gigs

Hi I'm new to the forum and apologies if posted in the wrong place...

Delving into the hazy mists of time here and I wonder if there's anyone out with long and better memories (or a degree in Saxonology) that can help me pinpoint the dates of a couple of Saxon gigs I attended at the very start of the heavy metal journey in 1979 which was either just before, just after or the same time as the release of the first album (21st May 79)

1.Barnsley Civic Hall (I think the support band was punk band The Jerks - the lead singer kept falling off the stage ....)
2. Wath-on-Dearne Civic/community hall - I think Angelwitch was the support band

The gigs were a few weeks apart and I cant find a record of the dates anywhere.

I remember Saxon being the 2nd band I ever saw (the first being Scorpions at Sheffield City Hall 11/05/1979 on the Lovedrive tour - and set me on the metal path) but then again time plays tricks and my memory is mush at times so maybe Saxon could have been the 1st.

I was a massive fan in those days catching the boys at the Heavy Metal Barn Dance and the 1980 and 1982 Monsters of Rock and they were brilliant each time - never a bad gig...

Apologies to Biff and the lads for taking 36 effing years to to get off my Steve 'Arris and catch them live at the magnificent Cardiff gig a few weeks ago..I'll be definitely catching the band at Barrowlands later in the year....
Old 04-01-2018, 10:56 PM

Hi, still hoping someone in the forum can identify the 2 x 1979 gig dates or point me in the right direction, any help gratefully appreciated