Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Default Sioux City, Iowa - March 24th, 2017

First I did the VIP Meet and Greet, it was really cool to go on the bus and talk with the band. Everyone in the band was very friendly and talkative, I was able to spend some time talking with every band member. It was fun getting Nigel to talk about the Power and the Glory video, and how he really had no idea was the video itself was about I got my vinyl of Battering Ram and Let Me Feel Your Power signed by the whole band, and got Biff to sign his autobiography as well.

The concert was just what we've come to expect from Saxon, amazing performance, amazing energy, they totally owned the crowd as usual. My only complaint would be that it was only 13 songs, but I knew that would be the case based on previous shows on this tour, so I made a point to just enjoy every minute of it!

Once again a huge thank you to the band for making their way across the US, on behalf of all the fans here we really appreciate how this has become a more common occurrence over the last few years, and we look forward to seeing the mighty Saxon many more times!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:36 PM

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post

Once again a huge thank you to the band for making their way across the US, on behalf of all the fans here we really appreciate how this has become a more common occurrence over the last few years, and we look forward to seeing the mighty Saxon many more times!
YES, YES, YES Thank you very much.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:29 PM

Default Sioux City

I've been a huge UFO fan and Maiden fan for years. Have recently gotten into Saxon and am irritated at myself for being late to the party. Got tix to Anthem at the Hard Rock - seats were Section 2, row A. Decent I thought. Got to the gig and oh my - front row just slightly off center - right in front of Doug and Nibbs. About 3 feel away.

The entire show was great - but I enjoyed Saxon immensely. Got picks from both guitar players, well my wife (and her 34DD's) certainly helped lol. Biff came over and shook my hand early on - which was incredible cool. Was totally into each song, great tone - even up front and incredible energy. Not to brag but I play one mean air guitar!!

I guess better late than never. Rock on Saxon!!