Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Introduce Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM

Thank you never surrender,I don't know why Saxon's popularity has not reached the level of Iron Maiden Motorhead or Judas Priest....especially Iron Maiden.But thanks for your support and I am doing my best at spreading Saxon's name around.

Loads of friends have already been listening to Saxon and are stoked at having a new heavy metal band to listen to...well,"new" to them ya know...so ya,I'm glad at trying to get Saxon's music heard out here! lol!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Thank you Cat Of Peace!! I appreciate that quite much!Thanks for the welcome...I am looking forwards to talking to you for the upcoming times ahead! Thanks,.......

Saxon is absolutely the most underrated heavy metal band in the world.I also love Judas Priest,Iron Maiden and Motorhead but Saxon seems not to get the same attention as these other great bands over here in the United States.
I am,and have been a member of Judas Priest.com for 4 years and have created a "Saxon" thread for people to support the band there as well!!

JD
Sadly you're right!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat of Peace View Post
Sadly you're right!
(lol!) Yes unfortunately I am Cat Of Peace! Everybody at the Judas Priest forum agrees as well,they all can't see why Saxon does not get recognition for thier accomplishments....

Its frustrating to say the least for all of us Saxon fans.I really wish Saxon's manager finds a way to get them across the entire U.S.A. for a tour...this would get more exposure for the band and maybe get them headed towards the right direction in popularity...

I know that the band members probly don't think that they have to be more popular than another band and we know this,but it would be nice to see thier popularity within the realm of heavy metal soar to greater hights.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 AM

Basically I think they lost a lot of fans with the infamous serie (Crusader, Innocense is No Excuse, Rock the Nations and Destiny) and then they weren't able to gain new fans as in the past although a path that has led the band out of the commercialization and towards high quality standard. One could recognize that ups and downs are for everybody and that Judas Priest (several times, for instance I could say from 1986 to 1990 and from 1997 to 2004) and Iron Maiden (from 1990 up to 2000) had their share of downfalls. But they managed resurface every time. Why Saxon not? Just because Maiden and Priest are rock institutions?
I do love Judas Priest but I think they're a bunch of prostitutes always willing to follow a new fashion: fans deserted Saxon just for four albums in a short lapse of time, what should Judas Priest fans do with Tipton, Dowing and Halford???????? What about a stab in the back like Pantera-like Jugulator? And the bitchy sounding Turbo? The Samantha Fox-like drums sound from Defenders of the Faith up to Ram it Down???? I do love Judas Priest, but I think their history is no less full of mistakes than Saxon's one and for sure is full of less respect toward fans than Saxon's one.

Last edited by Cat of Peace; 04-02-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 AM

First off,sorry for going off topic in this thread but I have to answer Cat Of Peace.....

Cat Of Peace...you are exactly right in every word you said! Man I could'nt of posted a better post than this one! Judas Priest is my favorite band along with Saxon...but just because they are my favorite band does'nt mean that they can do no wrong.

Judas Priest as you said,I agree "are" a bunch of prostitutes following new trends even though they want to say they are setting a new trend/style...they are not.

Look at 1980 "British Steel" how great of an album it was/is of course...then a year later they try something "new" in Point Of Entry..

...even though Heading Out To The Highway,Hot Rockin,Turning Circles,Desert Plains and Solar Angels are great songs...the other 5 songs on the LP suck big time...and that was "trying something new". Then fast forwards to 1986 "Turbo"...yuk...the worst LP by this band....

That was "trying something new"...then "Jugulator"...they tried to be to "thrash-like"....trying something new again....then the same with Demolition wich was even worse....

Finaly they put out Angel Of Retribution wich is a masterpiece 10 songs on the album the only one that is of less quality is Lochness....but for the most part it is a supurb LP. Then 3 years later(2008) they "try something new" in Nostradamus". Why does this band always have to "try something new" for?

Why can't they just stick to doing what they do best! But they get all the credit while Saxon has put out 7 kick ass studio albums in a row from 1995 Dogs Of War up till now and never gets any credit for how great thier albums actually are! I don't know Cat Of Peace its frustrating to say the least!

Thats why I created the Saxon thread at judaspriest.com and also I have been letting people listen to Saxon pushing them to buy thier CDs...and I have successfully got a few friends to actually buy some Saxon!!!!! I will do everything in my power (which is not much but every little bit counts ya know) to get Saxon's name across to metal fans!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Thanks J. J. for your appreciation! Anyway I'm with your point of view too (except for some opionions about British Steel - that I think being overrated - , Turbo - not their worst album, although a real JP prostitution album -, Point of Entry - if consider it as a normal rock album is not that bad, the problem it's a JP album), Jugulator - that I rate as the worst JP album - and Demolition - that to me it's a decent album, althouh not "priestian")!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat of Peace View Post
Thanks J. J. for your appreciation! Anyway I'm with your point of view too (except for some opionions about British Steel - that I think being overrated - , Turbo - not their worst album, although a real JP prostitution album -, Point of Entry - if consider it as a normal rock album is not that bad, the problem it's a JP album), Jugulator - that I rate as the worst JP album - and Demolition - that to me it's a decent album, althouh not "priestian")!
Yeah Cat Of Peace,I'm with ya man...we all have different things/songs we like but for the most part you and I are on the same page here...

why does Judas Priest "get away with these things" and Saxon is forever banished for doing a couple of albums that were not the band's strongest meterial? Its beyond me too Cat Of Peace....hummm I sure wish Saxon would top the popularity of JP,Maiden and Motorhead,or at least be equal.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah Cat Of Peace,I'm with ya man...we all have different things/songs we like but for the most part you and I are on the same page here...

why does Judas Priest "get away with these things" and Saxon is forever banished for doing a couple of albums that were not the band's strongest meterial? Its beyond me too Cat Of Peace....hummm I sure wish Saxon would top the popularity of JP,Maiden and Motorhead,or at least be equal.

Yeah right! I would be glad keeping talking about Priest, but this is not the proper place! I'm sorry for this damage Razoreater! By the way this is the second time I'm involved in an off topic Judas Priest conversation on a "Welcome thread"!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Cat Of Peace,Saxonfan,Never Surrender and Hellow Razoreater! My name is J.D.DIAMOND I'm 38 yrs old from Seattle Washington and I've been a huge Saxon fan for years now!! Just wanted to say Hi and this forum seems like a really great place to visit and share our love for this excellent band Saxon!
Welcome aboard,we share the same years on the planet and both appreciate Saxon as the hardest working band out there,cheers.......
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonfan View Post
Welcome aboard,we share the same years on the planet and both appreciate Saxon as the hardest working band out there,cheers.......
Well thank you saxonfan,I appreciate it very much, thanks for the welcome and I look forwards to having many conversations with you!