Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWoody View Post
Just ordered the Black Country Communion album and the Union new album
the former is excellent!

I've just taken delivery of a Kindle
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 PM

i ordered rory gallagher's the beat club sessions (which came out in september this year) from amazon.co.uk and it arrived today. fantastic stuff! rory IS GOD!
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
i ordered rory gallagher's the beat club sessions (which came out in september this year) from amazon.co.uk and it arrived today. fantastic stuff! rory IS GOD!

rory was indeed atop geezer.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
rory was indeed atop geezer.
sadly missed DVD out soon with career retrospective and the Beat Club stuff. can't wait
Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 PM

re Black Country Communion-hope Joe Bonamassa finally joins the mainstream
an excellent guitarist
Old 09-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsalisbee View Post
sadly missed DVD out soon with career retrospective and the Beat Club stuff. can't wait
dvd is already out, it came out on september 13th.it's a double dvd called ghost blues and first disc is documentary about rory. second disc is live from beat club sessions. i ordered it on the same day as i did the beat club sessions cd, i expect it this week. can't wait to watch it! it's no 7. on uk bestselling music dvd chart, finally rory get some credit he so much deserve!

here's more info from RG site:

This superb two disc DVD set tells for the first time the complete and fully authorised story of Rory Gallagher. Directed by Ian Thuillier, disc one “Ghost Blues” follows Rory’s life and career from his upbringing in Cork, his early days with a showband, the brief success of Taste and then his legendary solo career leading up to his health problems in later life and tragic death at the age of just 47. There are archive interviews, both audio and visual, with Rory and contributions from many of his friends and admirers including his brother Donal, Bob Geldof, The Edge, Cameron Crowe, Slash, Ronnie Drew, Bill Wyman, band members and many more. Disc two “The Beat Club Sessions” then shows what Rory Gallagher was really all about – a magnificent live performer. Drawn from three different appearances on the German TV series “Beat Club”, this disc contains over 90 minutes of previously unreleased live performances which illustrate why he inspired so many of the musicians who pay tribute to him in “Ghost Blues”.

Last edited by innuendo; 09-29-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
dvd is already out, it came out on september 13th.it's a double dvd called ghost blues and first disc is documentary about rory. second disc is live from beat club sessions. i ordered it on the same day as i did the beat club sessions cd, i expect it this week. can't wait to watch it! it's no 7. on uk bestselling music dvd chart, finally rory get some credit he so much deserve!

here's more info from RG site:

This superb two disc DVD set tells for the first time the complete and fully authorised story of Rory Gallagher. Directed by Ian Thuillier, disc one “Ghost Blues” follows Rory’s life and career from his upbringing in Cork, his early days with a showband, the brief success of Taste and then his legendary solo career leading up to his health problems in later life and tragic death at the age of just 47. There are archive interviews, both audio and visual, with Rory and contributions from many of his friends and admirers including his brother Donal, Bob Geldof, The Edge, Cameron Crowe, Slash, Ronnie Drew, Bill Wyman, band members and many more. Disc two “The Beat Club Sessions” then shows what Rory Gallagher was really all about – a magnificent live performer. Drawn from three different appearances on the German TV series “Beat Club”, this disc contains over 90 minutes of previously unreleased live performances which illustrate why he inspired so many of the musicians who pay tribute to him in “Ghost Blues”.
thanks-an order is on its way. Went to see Rory in 75, myself a callow youth of 15. Brilliant that night and i've been a fan ever since. Hung around the West End for ages until the first train home-aaaah memories
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59 AM

Heavy Metal Thunder DVD, brilliant documentary, saw Saxon in a totally different light and how one of their managers was bossing them around and how Dawson was excluded from the band as well as the tensions between Biff and Dawson and how a years rest saved the band, real eye opener to the history of Saxon, their managers, tours and record labels

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsalisbee View Post
thanks-an order is on its way. Went to see Rory in 75, myself a callow youth of 15. Brilliant that night and i've been a fan ever since. Hung around the West End for ages until the first train home-aaaah memories
i envy you cos you saw him live and he was certainly one of the best live acts ever. i'm glad you ordered the dvd and that maybe i had something to do with it. you should join rory official forum
Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
i envy you cos you saw him live and he was certainly one of the best live acts ever. i'm glad you ordered the dvd and that maybe i had something to do with it. you should join rory official forum
For anyone interested, Rory's Irish Tour DVD is well worth a look. Took me back to those days and-you can see for yourself what the fuss was about