Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Thumbs up

Saxon!!!! Can't wait to see them next week!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 AM

I don't know guys,Biff seemed interested to me! LOL! What else did you want him to say? LOL! I mean did you want him to do back flips or something like that? LOL!I mean really,he looked interested to me...and he seemed greatful with the promotion of the band's name..ect...

I think that this is a plus for the band,and it was a great interview!!

Awsome!

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 05-09-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Banned

Thanks JJ. Seems you and a few others got exactly what it was. A post concert interview by two totally starstruck fans trying to interview on of their all time favorite bands leader.

I'm not so sure that would have done any better. When I met them I was the same way. When you idolize someone, you stutter, choke, gag, become forgetful. I saw it as a cool interview by big time starstruck fans.

It's just life people. Don't get so bent out out shape over it.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWalker View Post
Thanks JJ. Seems you and a few others got exactly what it was. A post concert interview by two totally starstruck fans trying to interview on of their all time favorite bands leader.

I'm not so sure that would have done any better. When I met them I was the same way. When you idolize someone, you stutter, choke, gag, become forgetful. I saw it as a cool interview by big time starstruck fans.

It's just life people. Don't get so bent out out shape over it.

I hear ya Marty,I'm not sure what our forum member 'Wiggie" is disappointed about from this interview...Biff seemed happy,upbeat and "into" this interview.

And the 2 guys giving the interview seemed totally "psyched" to be talking to Biff Byford of Saxon! lol!

As I said in my previous post.."what else did we want Biff or the guys giving the interview to do...back flips or something"? lol!

Great interview,great exposure for Saxon and a great post Marty,thanks for posting this interview...this made my whole day to see and hear Biff!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

For those wanting something more along the line of a hip - hip- hooray interview, both of these guys are comedians in life, and work with Eddie Trunk on "That Metal Show", based out of New York. Did you hear Jim, the tall one, explain at 15 I think, that he went to see Saxon and Rush, Saxon being the band he liked. He got to meet them in an elevator and they were starstruck. It sounded just like me when I met them.

You see we put certain people, bands, film stars on a higher place than us, knowing they lead a more exciting lifestyle than us. At age 15 I would have been overwhelmed. It's just the way it is.

To be a member of the forum and talk down about Biff and such shows me you are not really that serious of a fan that you show yourself to be. I hope I am wrong. I've been a die hard fan for 30 years. I've just really got started on here and I feel if you are on here, Saxon should be your most favorite band, and still like others too. I won't ever talk down about them. That's what this forum is, a place for extreme Saxon fans, where we don't have to worry what we say because we love this band. Period !!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:33 PM

I heart Saxon.

I wanna make out with Biff's butthole. lol

I don't think someone having a less-than-glowing opinion about something Saxon did as not being a real fan. That is ridiculous. That's like saying you don't really love your children if you think they did something wrong. I am a die-hard Saxon fan going on 30 years myself, but I'm not afraid to take off the Saxon fanboy glasses and stop drinking the kool-aid for a second to be objective. I don't agree with the 'commercial' direction they took in the mid-80's. Does that make me less of a fan for saying so??

Last edited by moofish747; 05-10-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: more to add
Old 05-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Many thanks for the link, Marty!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofish747 View Post
I heart Saxon.

I don't think someone having a less-than-glowing opinion about something Saxon did as not being a real fan. That is ridiculous. That's like saying you don't really love your children if you think they did something wrong. I am a die-hard Saxon fan going on 30 years myself, but I'm not afraid to take off the Saxon fanboy glasses and stop drinking the kool-aid for a second to be objective. I don't agree with the 'commercial' direction they took in the mid-80's. Does that make me less of a fan for saying so??
Not at all and I totally agree with you. I love Saxon, but they are certainly not above being critizised and the band themselves would agree.

I very much doubt if Saxon would want fans who blindly worship and brown nose every single record they make. There was someone on the Judas Priest forum who said that if Judas Priest recorded Baa Baa Black Sheep they would love it "just because it's Priest". How pathetic and sad can you get?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Personally I thought that was a good fun interview. They said they hoped to get them on their show if they hit the states, if they do brilliant.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofish747 View Post
I heart Saxon.

It's like I said, I like other bands. It's stupid to think otherwise. It's just the wording of it that threw a couple of us off. No big deal. I like wiggles and now we moved on. I like Moofish to lol.

Tags
saxon, tour, usa