Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 07:58 PM

HELP!!!
I've tried to order the Special LTD edition off the website but i just get a blank page .
Any chance someone could get it for me ? and i'll paypal them the dosh or whatever.
PM me .
Thanks in advance, Rob.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Angry

I bought DVD in january and still haven't recieved it, I asked about it in june and I still have no reply for 2 months.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM

This is the last post I'll make before I go away for hols but thought it was worth mentioning. I just received my new Destiny Records catalogue and in the editorial it says that after a year of postponements the Standard Release of Heavy Metal Thunder:The Movie DVD has been cancelled completely.

I, like others have the Special Edition, it just seems a shame that many people wont get a chance to own a copy at all. Anyone know what happened?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

was meant to be a special edition
marketing thing
oh, and first havong preordered should have the guys signature on
I was in the 50 first and didn't have it
the guys on the logistics are sleepers

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 09-09-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
This is the last post I'll make before I go away for hols but thought it was worth mentioning. I just received my new Destiny Records catalogue and in the editorial it says that after a year of postponements the Standard Release of Heavy Metal Thunder:The Movie DVD has been cancelled completely.

I, like others have the Special Edition, it just seems a shame that many people wont get a chance to own a copy at all. Anyone know what happened?
I think the only person who could tell you is coolhead. I'm really surprised that BBC 4 haven't picked up the rights to show it.

Disappointing.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattz View Post
I think the only person who could tell you is coolhead. I'm really surprised that BBC 4 haven't picked up the rights to show it.

Disappointing.
It would be really good for Saxon to be on BBC 4 and the doc would fit right in at the moment. I think they showed the Anvil movie not that long ago so I would hope they would show this soon.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM

Yesterday, I watched the movie. Oh! My! God! It's absolutely amazing. Almost three hours long movie. Great walkthrough on all albums. Finally I found out why did Oliver and Dawson left the band, and why did Nigel left band twice. Those are just two facts of the many I didn't know before I watched it. Great movie, really really great.

I hope you all watched Anvil movie. Also, great movie. But, comparing to Saxon, Anvil more described the beginnings of the band, and what's happening now... I think Saxon did it better way, every bit of their career is into the movie. I mean, you can't do a documentary of a band that exist more than 30 years and get all the facts in it, that documentary would last like 20 hours. But still, the most important facts are shown in the movie.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alensteel992 View Post
Yesterday, I watched the movie. Oh! My! God! It's absolutely amazing. Almost three hours long movie. Great walkthrough on all albums. Finally I found out why did Oliver and Dawson left the band, and why did Nigel left band twice. Those are just two facts of the many I didn't know before I watched it. Great movie, really really great.

I hope you all watched Anvil movie. Also, great movie. But, comparing to Saxon, Anvil more described the beginnings of the band, and what's happening now... I think Saxon did it better way, every bit of their career is into the movie. I mean, you can't do a documentary of a band that exist more than 30 years and get all the facts in it, that documentary would last like 20 hours. But still, the most important facts are shown in the movie.
Great outlool!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alensteel992 View Post

Anvils film showed their struggles and tensions and I thought the end of the movie was heartwarming. Saxon seemed to me to keep a lot of their story to themselves-it is more of a documentary and better for it.
I was a bit surprised at the depth of feelings re Oliver/Dawson after all this time-it suggests that there was more to it than appears.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM

it appears from the heavy metal thunder movie that od are sore because they are not in saxon now, but they are not there for good reasons of which all us fans dont fully knowmaybe the truth will out in future, but i hear from strong source that od wouldnt like it made public, also to be fair Biff ,Paul ,Nigel know all the goings on and have not let out like they could have, but time will tell if od get cocky with the tour adverts like in the past. i say to od go and do whatever you like but please dont pretend you are saxon anymore. you cant sway the true fans for sympathy.

Tags
heavy, metal, movie, thunder