Thread: Queen
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 12:24 AM

freddie had 3 and a half octave range so technically speaking he didn't have widest range cos there are 4 octave monsters like geoff tate, halford... but he's not considered rock god just because of his amazing vioce (the best in pop/rock/metal imo, the sound of his voice was spectacular, he could sing the gentlest ballads like my melancholy blues or kick ass hard rockers like stone cold crazy and do it all like no other) because technically there are more accomplish singers but because he had unique combination of talents-he was the best frontman ever (and no one can touch him now), had a whole stadium in the palm of his hand, second to none showman, performer and real energy bomb on stage. if he had only that i'd consider him rock god but he was unique talent in writing and composing music as well and that is often overlooked by his showman qualities. did you know he came up with that headbanging riff in bohemian rhapsody? also he came up with that crazy little thing called love riff. not bad for someone who knew only 3 chords on guitar but he used it to his advantage. i think brian may (also rock god in his own league) could never came up with something that simple on guitar just because he never thinks in the form of 3 chords song. why am i often saying "rock god" in this post? check it here http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=112034
So grey is the face of every mortal