View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:20 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofish747 View Post
I was actually listening to Destiny today for the first time in years. As I was listening today, I was imagining those songs being re-recorded with the current line-up and production team. Much like they did with the "Heavy Metal Thunder" and "Unplugged & Strung Up" albums; I think some of those songs would really come to life. Especially stuff like "S.O.S.", and pretty much everything on side 2.

I know it's a long shot, but maybe somebody could run it by Biff & the boys? Would make for a great bonus cd on a future release, or even as a stand-alone cd imo.
Couldn't agree more, and I posted something similar a couple of years ago when I "rediscovered" Destiny. SOS in particular is a great tune, with a classic Quinn Genius guitar solo,and you can see them perform it live in 88 on YouTube. I think it's a shame Stefan Gallas, the w*nker of a producer, covered large parts of it in a blanket of keyboards.
I'd be happy if they re-recorded just SOS and possibly We Are Strong or anything else on side 2, but to re-record the whole album would be brilliant, and literally set the record straight because it's an album with some superb songs on it which most Saxon fans love to hate!