Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   favorite new album OR group (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=565)

stemerson 09-01-2007 11:11 PM

favorite new album OR group

I like finding out about new bands and new music so just list some of your favorite new groups or albums to checkout. i will start this by saying that the new scorpions album HUMANITY HOUR 1 IS KICK ASS.

Klingonbear 09-02-2007 01:49 AM

I'll have to check that out. I haven't been impressed by a Scorps album in about 20 years, so it's time they delivered the goods again.

As to new bands and albums... Dennis Dunaway Project's current release is pretty groovy.

Saxon Chick 09-02-2007 03:19 PM

Hmmm, haven't got a particular group/album - but lately, thanks to Paxoman, I've been listening to a lot of what he calls "euro cheese"! lol This being stuff like Brainstorm (the Liquid Monster album), Sonata Artica, Dragonforce, Nightwish etc...and I have to say, I'm really loving it!!

stemerson 09-02-2007 04:04 PM

im a big fan of dragonforce so i'll check out nightwish, brainstorm and sonata artica. thanks paxo and the chick

a couple of more awesome new releases for 2007

SEVENDUST- ALPHA
MACHINE HEAD- THE Blackening

Paxoman 09-02-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon Chick (Post 6593)
Hmmm, haven't got a particular group/album - but lately, thanks to Paxoman, I've been listening to a lot of what he calls "euro cheese"! lol This being stuff like Brainstorm (the Liquid Monster album), Sonata Artica, Dragonforce, Nightwish etc...and I have to say, I'm really loving it!!

I never said Brainstorm were euro cheese! They certainly are not! But yeah stemerson, check out Brainstorm, especially the Liquid Monster album. It is a fantastic album.

As for Dragonforce. They sound euro cheese but are from the UK I do believe.

Saxon Chick 09-02-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paxoman (Post 6610)
I never said Brainstorm were euro cheese! They certainly are not! As for Dragonforce. They sound euro cheese but are from the UK I do believe.

I didn't say you specifically said Brainstorm (or indeed any of the other groups I mentioned) were "euro cheese" - I said, I believe, that sort of music, or words to that effect!

I think that last.fm thing is turning you into a music snob!

Paxoman 09-02-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon Chick (Post 6611)
I didn't say you specifically said Brainstorm (or indeed any of the other groups I mentioned) were "euro cheese" - I said, I believe, that sort of music, or words to that effect!

I think that last.fm thing is turning you into a music snob!

OK I let you off! Just wanted to clear up that Brainstorm arn't euro cheese, its an important point! lol. :D

Valanx 09-03-2007 01:37 AM

Euro Cheddar !!!!

Hammerfall are a band that quickly fell into the euro-cheese box for me. Brainstorm 'Liquid Monster' as recommended to my by pax is an excellent album, and another band ive recently had alot of time for is Primal Fear. Truely amazing!

Those bands ive mentioned may all be euro cheese to some but are at least better than the bollocks british and american rock/metal scene right now as far as im concerned ( [IMO] )

:D

So in answer to the original thread question...

Band-Group - Primal Fear (kinda new to me)
Album - New Religion (primal fear) not sure if its out yet i have it on pre-order but couldnt resisist!!

Fingers 09-03-2007 10:12 AM

Turisas ! (Not sure if they are 100% serious but they ROCK !)

Bosnian Witchfinder 09-03-2007 12:33 PM

3 inches of Blood are the shit

www.myspace.com/3iob