Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Gig Reviews (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brighton 23 January 2016 (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=7356)

Neil_747 01-25-2016 04:45 PM

Brighton 23 January 2016

Great show at a small venue in Brighton, UK. Had a good drink in the pub before the show with Midnightrider, Northernlady, Simon, Martin and Dave and it was also nice to manage a quick chat with Doug in the venue bar just before he went on stage. He seemed really happy to be playing a show in his home town :) Nice touch from Biff dedicating "We will Remember" to Lemmy.

Setlist

Battering Ram
Motorcycle Man
Sacrifice
Destroyer
Power & the Glory
Eye of the Storm
And the Bands Played On
Devils Footprint
Battalions of Steel
20,000 Feet
We Will Remember
Top of World
Never Surrender
Queen of Hearts
Heavy Metal Thunder
Princess of the Night
Wheels of Steel

Encore
Strong Arm Of The Law
Crusader
Denim & Leather

norbinho 01-25-2016 11:59 PM

aaaawwww cool, they played top of the world :D :D :D one of my favourite tracks from battering ram :)

Husky 01-26-2016 02:05 PM

Thanks for sharing, Neil.Glad to see you all had a great time.:)
Very good setlist, old and new songs.:D
And yes, I expected they will play "We Will Remember" for Lemmy.
In 2010 I saw Saxon and they played it for Ronnie James Dio.
Thatīs a nice guesture of them and a really great song to honour those who unforunately passed to the other side.

Neil_747 01-26-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbinho (Post 55255)
aaaawwww cool, they played top of the world one of my favourite tracks from battering ram :)

Yes, I was very pleased they played this. Biff said it was the first time they have ever played it live :)

norbinho 01-26-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil_747 (Post 55258)
Yes, I was very pleased they played this. Biff said it was the first time they have ever played it live :)

yep, when i read this, i thought it must have been the world premiere of the song :D

Neil_747 01-26-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husky (Post 55257)
Thanks for sharing, Neil.Glad to see you all had a great time.:)
Very good setlist, old and new songs.:D
And yes, I expected they will play "We Will Remember" for Lemmy.
In 2010 I saw Saxon and they played it for Ronnie James Dio.
Thatīs a nice guesture of them and a really great song to honour those who unforunately passed to the other side.

Yes it was a great night Renate and we all had a brilliant time :)
I must admit I was quite emotional when "we will remember" was played in tribute to Lemmy.

Can't believe we have now lost Jimmy Bain as well :(

Neil_747 01-26-2016 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was just before Saxon came on stage. There were cameras filming so hopefully a DVD of the show may be released in the future :)

PunkTexas 01-27-2016 07:26 AM

That's a hell of a set. Love seeing new songs in the list. Hammer Of The Gods could take the place of one of the oldies?? :D

Husky 01-27-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil_747 (Post 55263)
This was just before Saxon came on stage. There were cameras filming so hopefully a DVD of the show may be released in the future :)

That would be great, to have another Saxon DVD and see the Forum members on it. ;)

Jimmy Bain R.I.P. Yes of course this is very, very sad :(, not a god beginning of the new year concerning this.

norbinho 01-28-2016 03:34 PM

both munich shows in november were filmed too...i think they have too much video material to release :D hehehe