Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder - The Movie (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3212)

Saxon1963 03-01-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papadoc (Post 28784)
Just had the e-mail update from coolhead, seems the delay will only be a couple of weeks.

Fantastic news, thanks for that

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 03-01-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papadoc (Post 28784)
Just had the e-mail update from coolhead, seems the delay will only be a couple of weeks.

yeah the same so it's kind of a good news as official statement about the time to wait

Fingers 03-01-2010 04:12 PM

The film delay............

I appreciate some of the posts on here about the delay.

But one thing I would add is in all my dealings with "Coolhead" they have been very professional, open and honest with us.

I like all of you have paid my money and want see the film, but it's delayed because the Download footage has come to light. It isn't always easy to pickup footage and then getting agreement to use some or all of it can be time consuming and problematic. Personally I don't see the problem, yeah its delayed these things happen, get over it but remember they are adding more footage making it a bigger package of film and dvd for us all to enjoy. I'd be more upset if it was delayed because they are taking footage out.

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 03-01-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingers (Post 28790)
I appreciate some of the posts on here about the delay.

But one thing I would add is in all my dealings with "Coolhead" they have been very professional, open and honest with us

[...]

yeah I agree
this product is destined to people and fans to discover Saxon "archives" etc and Download Festoch is an event sure
sorry for the nostalgy but I'd been wishing to be born in the 50's and be part of the Militia Guard etc I am a "young" (21years old) but the old of Saxon classics are so emblematic and deserve such a good opinion that I can only wait if it must for the DVD to be better. I am now listening to their first album Saxon - Saxon vynil and the quality is outstanding. As Biff says, 'better quality than quantity' and it's funny to say that because Biff and mates made tons of titles and albums of quality haha (they're so Legendary)

The rushs about ther DVD on Collhead's site (Saxon archives etc) are great, and I know the completed DVD will ROCK!

oh one note more, The name of the DVD shall be from Biff's will I think. He'd said he always wanetd to make an album HEAVY METAL THUNDER, which was realized via Classics Rerecorded, but this time a mythic DVD will be released and I hope Biff will love it (I think he's disgusting!)

Coolhead 03-03-2010 11:56 AM

Just so you know it's real...

Hi all,
I understand any disappointment over the further delay. It's very frustrating but exciting at the same time. Biff only discovered the footage a few days ago after months of searching. Added to that, Paul Quinn has finally unearthed and scanned his photo archive! And we need to get our narrator, Toby Jepson, to add an extra line of voice over to make it all work (we'll have to catch him on tour with GUN and Lynyrd Skynyrd this week to get that done). But as Fingers said, I'd rather be adding to it than taking away.
Just in case there are any doubters out there who may think we've taken your cash and are living it up in Rio without making the film, we've managed to negotiate with Classic Rock magazine to feature the film in the next issue. We'll be part of a feature on Rock Docs, and there's also a free DVD with a 15-minute section of the film on there (it had to be specially edited as they're only allowed two pieces of music per clip according to MCPS rules and the section it's taken from has several). The DVD should also contain clips from the new Rush film, ACDC's new doc and Lemmy's film.
You're the first to hear this (even before MySpace!) so check it out as soon as it's available! It's definitely real and it's *ALMOST* there! http://forum.saxon747.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
Cheers,
Coolhead

papadoc 03-03-2010 12:10 PM

Cheers for the update Coolhead.

Even though the delay is disapointing, it's for a good reason. Really looking forward to the finished product.

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 03-03-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 28804)
Paul Quinn has finally unearthed and scanned his photo archive!

Will love it!

Dirkster 03-03-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_the_VII_Saxon (Post 28808)
Will love it!

Thanks for the update Coolhead and understanding our disappointment at the delay. I'm sure the movie's gonna be fantastic when its completed. I can wait a little longer.

Fingers 03-03-2010 04:50 PM

Thanks Coolhead - Exciting news.

john dee 03-06-2010 12:56 AM

Personally - and I can see I'm in the minority here (of 1!), I think this further delay is very poor and unprofessional. I can't in all honesty say I'm surprised, though. I paid for the DVD on 14th August last year with a release date "before Christmas" - it's now March and there is now no firm release date.

I am very disappointed with the whole situation.

Still looking forward to seeing the DVD though!