Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sticking up for Thomas Jensen (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=185)

Bosnian Witchfinder 04-12-2007 10:55 PM

Sticking up for Thomas Jensen

Im tired the way people are saying jensen doesnt know what hes doing, jensen looks lost, jensen looked really stupid at the classic rock awards..

Do you people know who he is !????

He organises the godamn Wacken Festival, the biggest metal festival in the world.

Its probably the single biggest contribution to metal in the world, year in year out bands old new big and small playing to 50000 metal heads.

He does more good for metal and music than any of those 'big shots' at the classic rock awards.

How are any of the people there helping metal's future? Do any of those people put out killer albums every 3 years with the aim of outdoing themselves and gaining more fans, making sure that their new album is as good as possible?

SAXONATOR 04-12-2007 10:57 PM

donīt forget that he made it possible for us to join the soundcheck ! :)

THANKS THOMAS again ! http://www.crusader.ath.cx/bowdown.gif

CRUSADER747 04-12-2007 11:09 PM

I think it must have been edited to make him look a bit confused and lost.
I did not know who he was at first, and i was suprised to see how quiet and lost looking he seemed to be in the programme. It was as if he had no idea what he was supposed to do. As i said, it must be channel4 editing it like that :confused:

Philthy Phil 04-12-2007 11:21 PM

There was a lot of editing involved & Thomas was represented badly as a result. :mad:

mozzymoz 04-12-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian Witchfinder (Post 1939)
Do you people know who he is !????

He organises the godamn Wacken Festival, the biggest metal festival in the world.

Its probably the single biggest contribution to metal in the world, year in year out bands old new big and small playing to 50000 metal heads.

Chill! for Of course people know who he is. The festival is a big part of the German & European metal scene but got to be real here that won't make a career for a band it is only one gig a year. Plus it isn't done out of the goodness of his heart it is after all to make money.

The problem is he has come along after a long line of managers that talked the talk and didn't walk the walk. Cancelled gigs, tours pulled etc etc - does this sound familiar? Now since he took over the helm of the band all I'd say to you is look at things - apart from Wakken - has the situation with tours etc improved?

The Classic Rock awards were full of metal bands like Saxon so yes they do have something to do with the scene. It was also full of booking agents, managers of the same bands, record producers of the same bands, etc etc so I think they do have something to do with the overall continuance of the metal and rock scene.

GOSS 04-12-2007 11:45 PM

Well said, Bosnian !!! Thomas deserves a separate post !!

The editing of the Harvey Goldsmith documentary and E4 programme to portray Thomas Jensen in a bad light was one of my main gripes about the show. I have not had time to put my thoughts down yet (I don't have a computer at home and it is 'kin chaos here at work !).

Even the E4 programme was edited ! Biff vigorously defended Thomas in the E4 shenanigan and praised him for Wacken and all his contributions to metal ! Biff also said it was hard to shut Thomas up - yet the programme was edited to show him as a mute ! The whole audience loudly applauded Biif's defence - but of course it was not included in the show ! I was standing next to Thomas with Wilks and Fingers when he was being slagged off, and he took it all squarely on the chin. Thomas even asked Fingers to stop defending him. Well - we couldn't be heard anyway as we 3 and Philthy were purposely put off camera - and when Fingers started remonstrating and waving his hands in the air - we were told we couldn't be seen or heard. Even McKenzie's heated debate with the Blazer clad mate of Harvey G was edited to try to make Gordon look bad. All of Gordon's repartee with the pratt was edited out !!

Tim Syke's post set the record straight perfectly about Thomas' treatment in the programme !!

I agree with Saxonator. I have been to so many gigs where Thomas has made a real effort to make things happen for the fans, and always takes the time for a chat - even though he is pressed for time and under pressure.

Thomas Jensen - we salute you !!!

Cheers,

Goss.

spike 04-13-2007 04:27 AM

I watched the first episode of the series to see what might be in store for SAXON - it was about some irish bird with lots of talent (in her own head).
& Guess what............her manager was made to look inept & out of his league.
ER .... i think i see a pattern here somewhere.

saxonfan 04-13-2007 05:07 AM

I wasn't a big fan of Thomas either,due to the cancellations of tours and the such,but Saxon are going strong,he made up for it with his kindness he showed the fans on the first part of the tour,I have nothing but praise for him now.Thanks Thomas!!!!!!!

N B 04-14-2007 12:05 AM

hi,my first post on the forum,i thought that they also did a stitch up job on thomas myself and i do not believe they have given him any credit at all,i think he is avery important part of the saxon machine.i hope he posts a message on the website regarding the issue as a lot of fans are p****** off about it.

Ken2Blitzkrieg 04-14-2007 12:10 AM

What Goss remarked on....

well said Bosnian !!!