Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Tickets / Merch (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   show your saxonstuff ! (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=63)

mnsaxonfan 10-25-2012 05:16 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many Saxon albums were ever released on 8-Track? I would have to think the first few were, wondering how hard those are to find and how much they are worth?

I've seen copies of Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast on 8-Track on eBay before, and I know that goes for pretty big money because that one was released not long before the 8-Track format was finished.

747rick 10-25-2012 05:58 PM

Never seen anything on 8 track, I suspect if they were they would indeed be quite expensive to get hold of!!

saxonthegreat 10-25-2012 07:07 PM

great collection you have there Rick, theres a few of the recent cd singles i havnt got and a few new vinyls which im getting soon, Is the high lights cassette live ? thats only the 3rd one ive ever seen, i spotted it in a record shop in 1982 or thereabouts and kicked myself for not buying it as i thought it was a live recording, my rare ones are USA releases of strong arm of the law (with black cover) and power and the glory (with suzie hold on 83 version) both signed, also rock n roll gypsies , and forever free uk turtle on bike cover :D, i prefer the eagle artwork on cover.

mnsaxonfan 10-25-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 46968)
Never seen anything on 8 track, I suspect if they were they would indeed be quite expensive to get hold of!!

I just did a quick google search, no luck finding any Saxon 8 Tracks, but I found a couple of links referring to the Iron Maiden debut album and Killers on 8 Track. I believe I read once on the Maiden forum that their first 3 albums were released on 8 Track.

http://8tracksrock.blogspot.com/2011...n-killers.html

http://vintageironmaidencollectibles...0-capital.html

747rick 10-25-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxonthegreat (Post 46970)
great collection you have there Rick, theres a few of the recent cd singles i havnt got and a few new vinyls which im getting soon, Is the high lights cassette live ? thats only the 3rd one ive ever seen, i spotted it in a record shop in 1982 or thereabouts and kicked myself for not buying it as i thought it was a live recording, my rare ones are USA releases of strong arm of the law (with black cover) and power and the glory (with suzie hold on 83 version) both signed, also rock n roll gypsies , and forever free uk turtle on bike cover :D, i prefer the eagle artwork on cover.

Thanks. I've still got loads to get hold of :). The high-lights is not live, it's an early Carrere compilation (German only I think). I've had it about 25 years now. I've got a black cover US cassette of Strong Arm, plenty of Lp's on ebay but postage is always too high. I still want the US version of P&TG, some of mine are fully signed but you cant see it in the pics really. I prefer the warhammer art on Forever Free because they kept the classic logo

Husky 10-26-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 46966)
OK, finally took some (poorish) pics of my Saxon collection. Sorry about the quality!!

concratulation to this great collection, Rick!:D

747rick 10-26-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husky (Post 46986)
concratulation to this great collection, Rick!:D

Thankyou Husky :)

PunkTexas 10-26-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 46967)
Just out of curiosity, how many Saxon albums were ever released on 8-Track? I would have to think the first few were, wondering how hard those are to find and how much they are worth?

I've seen copies of Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast on 8-Track on eBay before, and I know that goes for pretty big money because that one was released not long before the 8-Track format was finished.

This has been on my mind for a while too. There must have been Saxon
8-tracks. Back in the day ( when 8-tracks were new ) I had a friend that was into them. I know he had Maiden but I can say for sure he had any Saxon tapes. We were both Saxon fans so he must have had at least one??? A couple of years ago I found two sets of Def Leppard 8-tracks ( first three albums) at an estate sale. I only paid 5 cents for each tape. I sold one set for $150.

If any of our euro members haven't heard an 8-track here's a link to Sweet on 8-track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_lyc3fCPhk

spandex'd Beefheart 10-27-2012 08:55 PM

Necklace
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1247

This was originally a pin on badge but made it into a necklace,, ain't i clever ,lol.

PunkTexas 11-14-2012 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 46966)
OK, finally took some (poorish) pics of my Saxon collection. Sorry about the quality!!

I'd love to see HD pictures of your collection. Better yet a video of you showing and explaining the significance of each pressing. Check out "26bond" on YouTube. He has an insane Iron Maiden collection. When he adds to his collection he makes a video showing what he bought. It's great promotion for Maiden. I've only seen 2 Saxon collections on YouTube. We as Saxon fans should kick it up a notch. Here's a picture of new Saxon CDs I bought last month. I'm a vinyl guy so I'm catching up on the CD format.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.