Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Solid Book Of Rock Box (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=7533)

Husky 07-23-2017 09:32 AM

Solid Book Of Rock Box
 
Has anyone orderd this box?
I have, from Amazon Germany. It isn't signed by Biff.Hope to meet the band again,soon,to do it.;)
Although I have all this albums already, I must have this one.:eek:

zed1015 07-23-2017 11:05 AM

I just ordered a signed one from Amazon last week.
It showed up as being the last one available.
Oddly it was slightly cheaper than the std version.
I also have all the albums and would not have bought it if not for being limited to 500.

ironmaiden1966 08-18-2017 02:03 PM

My copy is here , ordered the signed version , recieved the standard version...anyone else ?

ray576 08-19-2017 08:35 AM

Did you open the pack?
 
I might have the same problem but have some additional information which could help.

I ordered the Amazon exclusive signed edition and received delivery yesterday (release day), but the sealed package makes no mention of it being a signed edition on the hype sticker.

I haven't opened the pack in case it invalidates the option to return, but the item was delivered in the manufacturer's original packaging and the product label (underneath the Amazon delivery label) confirms product code SAXONBOX03X and Barcode 5014797896178, which is correct for the signed edition (standard edition is SAXONBOX03 without the X suffix and has a different Barcode 5014797896161) so it might be OK.

The product itself has SAXONBOX03 pre-printed at the bottom left of the back cover but carries the signed edition's barcode.

Do a browser search for SAXONBOX03X and you will see confirmation of the codes for the signed edition on the Demon Music Group website.

Did you open the pack to confirm that you received only the standard unsigned version? If not, and you can find evidence of SAXONBOX03X on the label or barcode 5014797896178 on the back cover, then it might still be OK.

I hope this helps!

Husky 08-19-2017 09:53 AM

I've ordered mine from Nuclear Blast, not Amazon :o.
According to them it will be published on
August 25th :confused:
I've ordered the Standard Version and hope to get them signed by all band members when I meet them next time.;)

mnsaxonfan 08-19-2017 11:19 PM

Serious question, from what I've read about this set there isn't anything that I don't already have (music & DVD wise), is there anything that's exclusive to this package???

zed1015 08-19-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray576 (Post 56682)
I might have the same problem but have some additional information which could help.

I ordered the Amazon exclusive signed edition and received delivery yesterday (release day), but the sealed package makes no mention of it being a signed edition on the hype sticker.

I haven't opened the pack in case it invalidates the option to return, but the item was delivered in the manufacturer's original packaging and the product label (underneath the Amazon delivery label) confirms product code SAXONBOX03X and Barcode 5014797896178, which is correct for the signed edition (standard edition is SAXONBOX03 without the X suffix and has a different Barcode 5014797896161) so it might be OK.

The product itself has SAXONBOX03 pre-printed at the bottom left of the back cover but carries the signed edition's barcode.

Do a browser search for SAXONBOX03X and you will see confirmation of the codes for the signed edition on the Demon Music Group website.

Did you open the pack to confirm that you received only the standard unsigned version? If not, and you can find evidence of SAXONBOX03X on the label or barcode 5014797896178 on the back cover, then it might still be OK.

I hope this helps!

Got mine from Amazon yesterday also.
Didn't know about the signed editions different barcode.
Thought they had sent the wrong one as there was no indication on the wrapper that it was the signed one so had to open it to find out.
Signed print was slipped in the pages of the lyric booklet in the back of the book :)
If it were missing Amazon would have took it back in it's opened state for replacement or refund as it would be classed as faulty or incomplete goods.
No happy about having to open it though :(
They could have at least put a limited edition sticker on them couldn't they ?

ray576 08-20-2017 10:49 AM

Upon closer inspection, I can see the inserted print through the sealed wrap. It looks like the process for preparing the SAXONBOX03X signed editions was to take a standard version (SAXONBOX03, as printed on the back cover), insert the signed print, put a sticker with the signed edition barcode 5014797896178 over the top of standard edition barcode on back cover and then seal. Just a shame that after sealing, only the standard hype label was attached, rather than something to differentiate it as the Amazon exclusive signed edition.

I hope the discussion in this thread helps anyone in doubt understand which version they have received.

Husky 08-21-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 56684)
Serious question, from what I've read about this set there isn't anything that I don't already have (music & DVD wise), is there anything that's exclusive to this package???

Actually there is nothing totally new.
I only missing the Lionheart DVD and the rough mix and I don't have the classics re-recorded.
Besides that it's a nice item for the collection.:D;)

mnsaxonfan 08-21-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husky (Post 56687)
Actually there is nothing totally new.
I only missing the Lionheart DVD and the rough mix and I don't have the classics re-recorded.
Besides that it's a nice item for the collection.:D;)

OK, that confirms what I have read about the set, I already have everything that's in the set so I just need to decide if I want it as a collectible or not. Maybe I'll have someone buy it for me for my birthday or Christmas :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.