PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a silly question....

Lionheart747
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Please can someone tell me about the Saxon CD called Performance, is it Biff or O.D, it is the one with the Shield on the front, thank you

skidmetsfan
09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
I recently picked this up. Very decent recording of Biff & boys not O.D. Sez from 2005, released 2011, not authorized by the band past or present. Not for sale in the US (well, I got it from Amazon).

Track Listing:
Heavy Metal Thunder
Rock & Roll Gypsy
And The Bands Played On
20,000 Feet
Ride Like The Wind
Motorcycle Man
747 (Strangers in the Night)
See The Light Shining
Frozen Rainbow

Biff banters about being cramped onstage and how he does not like Capris.

747rick
09-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Please can someone tell me about the Saxon CD called Performance, is it Biff or O.D, it is the one with the Shield on the front, thank you

Well I've had a quick look online and the info isn't very helpful other than saying it is live. As it says 'Saxon' on the front it would unlikely be a live set by OD as that would be breaking some rules I think!! So most likely the real thing but stuff that has been released before under a different name. It's certainly not an official release at any rate. Just someone cashing in on the band.

Bosnian Witchfinder
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
This is most definetly their 1990 show in Nottingham, I can tell from the setlist and that banter, there is a dvd out too with the entire set list

747rick
09-27-2011, 01:32 AM
This is most definetly their 1990 show in Nottingham, I can tell from the setlist and that banter, there is a dvd out too with the entire set list

Ah it's the Nottingham show again. I already have that as the 'Transmissions' enhanced CD & Book Set (not official either), which has more songs on it and I have it on DVD as well. I should have got it from the set list but some of these shows do seem to be released a lot under different names. I wonder who owns the rights to this show!! any ideas?

Dirkster
07-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Ah it's the Nottingham show again. I already have that as the 'Transmissions' enhanced CD & Book Set (not official either), which has more songs on it and I have it on DVD as well. I should have got it from the set list but some of these shows do seem to be released a lot under different names. I wonder who owns the rights to this show!! any ideas?

Seen this Transmissions CD & book set in a second hand record store in Bolton today still sealed for sale at 12. Did'nt buy it myself as I'm not a collector but thought someone might be interested.

Here's a link to there website.

http://www.xrecords.co.uk/

Fingers
07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Seen this Transmissions CD & book set in a second hand record store in Bolton today still sealed for sale at 12. Did'nt buy it myself as I'm not a collector but thought someone might be interested.

Here's a link to there website.

http://www.xrecords.co.uk/

Blimey Dirkster didn't realise X Records are still going. Spent many a happy hour or three in there in my youth :)